cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i want to know about external key what is these external key which comes after running ccr as manufacturing order missing in r3 with external key

Former Member
0 Kudos

i want to know about external key what is these external key which comes after running ccr as manufacturing order missing in r3 with external key

after seeing log it gives information that order exist only in apo after deleting from in apo it goes away

But i what to know what is these external key

Thanks in advance

Regards

Virender

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Virender,

Orders (p-reqs or planned orders) created in APO (via SNP or PPDS or manually) are assigned number ranges in APO, which is called APO internal number range.

When these orders are CIFed to R/3, R/3 system assigns its number range to these orders and this R/3 assigned order number is overwritten in APO through CIF. For APO this is regarded as number (external number or key) coming from external system.

While running CCR:

1) Missing in R/3 without external key:

Means orders created in APO have not reached R/3 i.e. either change pointers have not been CIFed or queues are stuck

2) Missing in R/3 with external key:

Orders had reached in R/3, but the changes made there (e.g. deletion or changed etc) have not been transferred to APO i.e. possibly the APO inbound queues are stuck

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Umesh

good explanation Umesh.One more thing i want to know what are these change pointer . what they exactly do .please help

Regards

Virender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Umesh

Generally log for Manufacturing order missing in r3 with external key tells that delete order from APO because order exist only in APO.But your saying that it is reached to r3 little bit confusing

Kindly help me out.

Regards

Umesh

former_member190993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

Change pointers here mean the logs stored in the system against any creation/change/deletion of the order in APO. Accordingly these are processed in R/3 upon CIFing.

As a best practice, PPDS orders are CIFed to R/3 real-time, while the SNP orders are CIFed to APO batch wise meaning the when the orders are created/changed or deleted in APO, the corresponding change pointer is stored in t-code /n/sapapo/c5, from where it can be CIFed to R/3.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Umesh

former_member190993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

It means the same. I mentioned about the case when you CIF an APO created order to R/3 and it successfully reaches to R/3. If you run CCR that time, no mismatch will be shown. Now if the same order is deleted in R/3 then the deletion change pointers are supposed to be CIFed back to APO. If due to some reason (queues getting stuck or queue got deleted), these change pointers do not reach APO. If you run CCR now, CCR says that order exists only in APO, not in R/3 and solution is the same what you mentioned above- delete it from APO, which corrects the discrepancy.

Hope it is clear.

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Umesh

So according to you after deleting order in r3 which was sended by APO .Deletion change pointer has been not sended to apo .so it is showing that it exist only in apo .

So i can conclude that r3 system delete the internal orders number which should send deletion change pointer to apo

But after that internal orders number  created by r3 is sended to APO then what type of pointer is going to send is it change pointer

former_member190993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, there are change pointers on both the sides in R/3 and APO, which capture the change happened to the order and send the same to the other system.

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

APO generated Planned order can be either SNP Planned order or PPDS Planned order (depending on the heuristics used for order creation).

APO Planned order will be transferred to ECC as Planned order it will take number from ECC and same refelct in APO.

R3 generated Planned order will always be considered as PPDS Planned order in APO.

Also note that Planned order manually created in R3 will always be Firmed PPDS order in APO.

Note : APO number ranges are generally used to let ECC system know that order is coming from APO system.After that ECC will assign its own number ranges and again re-send to APO.APO number ranges are only used for identification purpose only nothing else as far as i know.

Regards,

Nitish Panchal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitish

one more doubt .when we run ccr we get manufacturing order missing in r3 with external key means our apo planned order has been not sent to r3 is it correct  ?

Is these process is same for production orders also  ?

Generally we get planned orders and these planned order are converted into production orders  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

Here is a very good document crated on CIF-Comparison / Reconciliation of Transaction Data.

Below is the link to check :-

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-43984

May it will be helpful for you.

Regards,

Nitish Panchal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitish

I have gone through these document i have small doubt .generally when planned orders created in SCM .some internal order number is generated .which is sended to R3.

Does R3 system creates other internal number or it make change to internal order number which is sended to r3 by APO ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

To your question.

R/3 will create a new order number for this APO order based on Nuber ranges which are set in R/3.

And finally this R/3 order number is coming to APO.

May be it will help.

Regards,

Nitish Panchal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitish

what about the internal number which is sended by apo to r3

why these internal order number is created is it planned order number?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

External key is the Order ref #. you can also run CCR if you have any production orders without any order# and in CCR it would appear as missing in R/3 without external key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rorie

please eloborate your answer .when planned orders are created in scm it creates internal order number .which is send to R3 system . then  what R3 System will do with these internal orders number.

Finally i want to say that is these external key is related with these any order number

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi virender,

yes it created an internal order with a number and when you C5 it is transferred to R3. Now these planned orders which is there in R3 can be convereted to production order. and R3 does not create any other internal order #, you can find the reference in R3 as well that the proposals are craeted by APO.

Yes the external key is nothing but the order #.