cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create a JCo Destination due to connection error with the SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a Web Dynpro project that is using JCo Destination.

I am trying to create this JCo Destination at the Web Dynpro Content administrator in the portal but it is disabled and so are all the buttons (Create JCo Desination, Maintain JCo Desination and Start assigned SLD). The only button that is active is the Check SLD Connection.

When I check the SLD Connection I receive an error: "Connection to System Landscape Directory (SLD) could not be opended successfully."

Clearly, this is the problem but when I login to the sld it is up and running.

So what else can cause this connection error to the sld?

Roy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You will have to configure the sld in <b>Visual Administrator</b> of your WAS. For that you will have to login to <b>Visual Administrator</b> and expand <b>Server</b> node. Then under <b>Server</b>><b>Services</b>><b>SLD Data Supplier</b>

Enter the credentials under <b>HTTP Settings</b> , <b>RFC Settings</b> and <b>CIM Client Generation Settings</b> tab.

Regards,

Mahesh

• plz reward points if usefull

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys I will check it in a while.

What about the warning I get in the SLD? Is it related to this setup?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys, problem is indeed solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roy,

Run VisualAdministrator, go to SLD supplier settings and setup/verify connection to SLD.

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

http://www.sam-solutions.net

Former Member
0 Kudos

By looking at the SLD logs I see this message:

#111 03/29/2007 10:15:36.770 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_41]

WARNING com.sap.lcr.cimsrv.ChangePasswordServlet:

Password change required for WBEM client.

Please ensure that service client users don't have initial passwords.

Alternatively, logon to the SLD user interface with the corresponding user and assign a new password.

After the password has been changed, client settings must be updated accordingly.

I think it is related to the NWDI forum so I am opening this thread over there...