cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Approval Procedure Functions- authorization issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I have activated the enhances approval procedure function as per below screen shot:

Granted authorization as mention in by Michael. With SM_APP_AP with 02, 22 and 75.

But the Request for change procedure selection and approval steps was disabled

The requestor able to change the approval procedure and approval steps only  if i granted the user with 70 (administer).

Please help as i want the requestor to be able to select the approval procedure and approval steps but not approving the CR. Im following the chart below but seem like is not working.

Role SAP standard rolesActivity for
Change ManagerSAP_CM_SMAN_CHANGE_MANAGER37 (approve) approval step, 75 (delete approval step), 22 (add approval step), 02 (change approval procedure assignment)
Potential Approvers

SAP_CM_SMAN_DEVELOPER

SAP_CM_SMAN_OPERATOR

SAP_CM_SMAN_TESTER

37 (delivered inactive)
Power User, AdministratorSAP_CM_SMAN_ADMINISTRATOR70 (administer), 37 (approve) approval step, 75 (delete approval step), 22 (add approval step), 02 (change approval procedure assignment)

Thanks

Regards,

Junnie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Please check also if activity 37 is marked!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Were you able to resolve this problem ? We cannot provide ADMINISTER (70) to the ones creating the RFC.

Haseeb.

RiccardoEscher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It's not a problem of authorization but of the right setting of the necessary system status. In the screen shot I see a "new". But approvals are only ready when the status of the transaction allows it. So you have to reach the status "Validation", then the approval should be editable.

You can see this with transaction CRMBS02 when you doble click upon SMCR "Validation":

Approvals are really tricky!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you tried with the activity 22 (add approval step)  and 02 (change approval procedure assignment)

this restrict you for only add and change. you cant approve though.

please try. or stick with the older auth object CRM_APPRVL with display, as stated in Michal's blog.

either or the way, you need to add this manually in Zroles.

please try

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

I have added activity 22 (add approval step)  and 02 (change approval procedure assignment) but the approval procesure and approval step are disabled and not allow the requestor to select /add/ male changes.

So im not sure which part is going wrong.

Thanks

Regards,

Junnie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try with CRM_APPRVL->dispaly. check UC00043 - SAP Solution Manager - Security and Authorizations - SCN Wiki

Thanks

Jansi