SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block material/article from future purchasing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts.

Can u tell me or guide me how to block material/article in SAP for Retail from future purchasing orders. Manager decided stop buying specific article from vendors but there is some more in stock. So we need to block it only from purchasing, but this article should be available for movements and sales.

Also this artilce should be abvailable for VKP5 transaction.

What we do - deleteing inforecords with ME15 transation. But then when manager use VKP5 transation new  retail price is 0,10 (i guess because all info records deleted and "0.10" is initial value.

SO, what is the most correct way of blocking articles from purchasing?

Thank u in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vitaly,

in such cases, you can use "Available from" (EINA-LIFAB) and "Available to" (EINA-LIFBI) in the purchasing Inforecord to prevent that the article cannot be bought anymore. I don't think, that this should have impact on VKP5 - but you should just check.

Second possibily is "Cross-Site Article Status" (MARA-MSTAE), if you want to block for all sites, or "Site-Specific Article Status" (MARC-MMSTA), if you only want to block for certain sites. In both cases, you can define in customizing, which status is available and which actions are permitted and which not (e.g. Purchasing, Inventory Management, Forecasting, etc.).

Third possibility: if you are working with listing conditions, you can restrict the listing conditions from a purchasing point of view. Sales and Goods Movement are still possible.

Which way fits most, is dependent on your detailed business requirements.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Tobias

vinod_naik2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vitaly,

You can discontinue article using the transaction code WSE1.

WSE1 transaction can be used for setting deletion flags and also de-list articles and once article is de-listed you can use it in purchasing.

Regards,

Vinod Naik

0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to WSE4 Transaction,there you can there you can set discontuation at the site level.

Cheers,

Haarica