Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preferred Inspection Types

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts:

I pose this scenario to help a colleague:

I understand the inspection types and activation requirement..

I understand the basic concept of "Preferred Types" during insp. type setup in MM01/02. All my reading here in                                                                the Forum, as well as some other good resources address "preferred types" but don't address this scenario.

So as a question I pose this scenario:

I have an inspection plan:

I have 01 type activated it's checked preferred

I have 03 type activated it's checked preferred

All tick marks show the proper activations for those types

When the 03 Process Order was executed... the inspection lot was not auto created (...seperate origin). What's the reason for this?

I say it's because there are two preferred types in the same plan, and this is a nono. Even though they are from different origins.  Do you agree?

.... And to take that scenario one step farther, if there were two seperate insp. plans, with these two setting types

activated for the same material, and the lot still was not auto created for the 03 after PO creation.... why would you think this would be?

I welcome your thoughts...

V.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just set Active indicator in MM- QM view against inspection type., Preferred will work when you have any new customized inspection type with same lot origin then system will need some differentiation b/w stdn and customize one within same lot origin , in that case you need to activate preferred + active indicator.

Regards

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The preferred flags only impact within the inspection type.  Having the prefferred flag set for an 01 inspection type, and for an 03 inspection type should not be a problem.

As to why the 03 was not created:

1- in some systems, especially older ones, you must activate the 01 vairant of the inspection type.  I.e if you create an 01NEW inspection type, you must not only activate 01NEW but you must also activate inspection type 01.  I believe some newer SAP releases don't require this.

2 - you failed to create a new process order but instead, released a process order that had been created prior to your changes.  Try with a new process order that is not linked to anyhting like a sales order, (variant configuration for example).

3 - Try to manually create the inspection lot from within the process order and see if that works.

Craig