Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM Project Phases - configuring what can be done during phases

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is a pretty simple question.

Where do I change what actions can be completed during phases?

For example, a ZMCR for a Maintenance Project can be created in Development with Release phase but it cannot be created in Go-Live phase.

Where do I view this configuration?

I used to know but I can't remember

I went into transaction SM34 and accessed /TMWFLOW/VC_PHMD  but this is more for lower level actions (i.e. releasing transports). I'm looking for transaction type status (i.e ZMMJ can be changed to this status in these phases).

Cheers

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

each project phase controlled with the status in status profile, check out staus profile for maintenace cycle SMMNHEAD in crmbs02 and corresponding actions from action profile.'

Thanks

Jansi

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi

Yep, very much aware of this.

I'm talking about something different.

For example, if I go into CRM Web Client UI and create a Change Request (whilst SMMNHEAD is in Development with Release), I CAN assign a project. However, if I try and create a Change Request (whilst SMMNHEAD is in Go-Live), I CANNOT create a Change Request.

Where is the config which controls this?

Cheers

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

This information is available in CHARm configuration upgrade guide:

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001056012011E

Thanks

Vikram

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram

I have read this document and didn't see this information anywhere.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

For Maintenance cycle phase details check the Dolores blogs show below it will giv clear details

Change Request Management scenario: Working examples “Development without Release” phase

Change Request Management scenario: Working examples “Development with Release” phase

Change Request Management scenario: Working examples “Test” phase

All blog in the below link :

http://scn.sap.com/people/dolores.correa/blog

Rg,

Karthik

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik

I have already gone through this blog (including all the phases). Unless I am blind, I still can't see where it mentions where this config can be changed.

For example, at the moment I CAN create change requests for an IMPLEMENTATION PROJECT which is in TEST phase. I believe users should not be able to do this...for Maintenance Projects this is fine but not Implementation projects.

When the phase is GO LIVE for implementation project, users cannot select that project in CRM Web Client UI. I want to ensure its the same for TEST phase.

Can anyone point to me where in SPRO or SM34 (or somewhere else) I can change this?

Thanks

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

For example, if I go into CRM Web Client UI and create a Change Request (whilst SMMNHEAD is in Development with Release), I CAN assign a project. However, if I try and create a Change Request (whilst SMMNHEAD is in Go-Live), I CANNOT create a Change Request.

this is against the Charm workflow. And leads to inconsistency. You are not supposed to create any CR while your mainteance cycle in Golive. even emergency correction also allowed all the time except golive.

Do you have use case for this??

But you can acheive this with the link I given above by adopting status and action profiles. However I  dont recommend to change.

Thanks and Best regards

Jansi

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi

Of course I'm not going to change this for GO LIVE. As per my previous reply, I want to change this for TEST phase. At the moment CR's can be created during test phase (for implementation proejcts)...but this shouldn't be allowed as we should be using ZMTM (defect corrections) if changes are still required whilst in Test phase. Not sure why standard ChaRM allows this??

As per your recommendation I have gone into the action profile...I don't see anywhere where I can dicate that an implementation project cannot have a CR assigned during Test phase:

This is getting fairly urgent as I don't want to go live with ChaRM (in 7.1) until this is sorted? If anyone has any advice please let me know....looks like I may have to raise an OSS incident with SAP.

Cheers

Shaun

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

The phases in the Maintenance Cycle control the changes at Change Document level not at the Change Request level.

So you can still create a CR for a implementation project which is in Test phase, however you can not proceed with this CR and technically this CR is of no use for anyone. In the TEST phase new Change Document(Normal Changes) can not be released, this guarantees the code freeze that you are looking for.  So even if someone creates a CR for an IMPLEMENTATION PROJECT during TEST phase, they can not go ahead with that CHANGE during the CURRENT cycle. So it should be alright.

And you are right, ChaRM will not allow creating a CR in GO LIVE phase of a cycle since it is hardcoded somewhere, but we do not have any such restriction when it comes to TEST phase.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vivek

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Vivek!!!

I had come to the assumption that this was hard coded, but everyone kept replying saying this was possible to configure so it caused me much confusion

I fully realise that maintenance cycle controls Change Document level, and I know you can't release transports for a change document whilst in TEST phase. So yes, you are correct the Change Document created during this phase is of no use to anyone, That's why I found it strange that you can still create a CR during Test phase of an implementation project.

Anyway, now I know it's hardcoded so I can put that in my training guide I am creating.

Thanks for your response.

Shaun

Answers (0)