cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does ehp7 in sap ehs prints file without using glmpt tool

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there any way we can print labels out of sap without using glmpt tool .

Regards,

M D

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member561828
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes

Enhancements listed under OPS_EHS_CI_1 include:

Global label management (GLM) now offers an option to use spool management or the GLM print process to print labels.

Additional details:

Using SAP Spool Print

Description

This test case checks whether labels can be printed using printers that are configured in the SAP spool system.

Preparation

- To carry out this test case, you require at least one active, configured printer from the SAP spool

system that you can configure using the IMG activity: Environment, Health & Safety -> Product

Safety -> Global Label Management -> Transfer and Check Printers.

- Select the print mode GLM_SAPSPOOL in the IMG activity Environment, Health & Safety ->

Product Safety -> Global Label Management -> Make Settings for Basic Data.

- Make sure that the following settings and test data are available:

- Label layout

- Label generation variants with assigned layout and label paper

- Material with label data and assigned substance

- Make sure that the material has a packaging hierarchy and that the data for determining generation

variants for each packaging level is entered in the label data of the material. To make this simpler,

you can enter one generation variant directly for each packaging layer.

Execution

You can access the Label Printing transaction using transaction code CG02BD, or by choosing Logistics

-> Environment, Health and Safety -> Product Safety -> Global Label Management -> Label Printing.

1. Start the labeling transaction.

2. Choose the "Generic" tab page. Enter a material number and choose Enter. Check the fields that are automatically filled on the tab page.

3. Go to the label tree (choose Label Tree). Check the data that is displayed in the label tree (packaging layers, number of labels, generation variants). Select a generation variant by double-clicking it.

Check the fields that are then filled automatically with label information, serial numbers, and user

entries. Note that the serial numbers are displayed only of the layout contains serial number symbols

and that fields for user entries are displayed only if they are configured in the layout.

4. Now choose an SAP spool printer from the selection list of available printers.

5. Then start the print process (choose Print) and check the messags in the status bar. After the labels have been generated, a print request is created and copied to the output control spool request list.

The spool request number is displayed in the status bar.

Check

Use the output control or transaction SP02 to check whether

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Richard ,

I assigned one spool printer in the check and transfer printer but it did not show up in the CBGL_MP01. What settings do I need to carry out . Transfer printer functions is working fine and currently it is using GLm Print tool to print .

Regards,

M D

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Subash/Richard ,

Thank you for the input . I tried to do test and one setting I am not able to carry out .Looks like may be first I have to activate that one too .

former_member561828
Participant
0 Kudos

Following activation of enhancement (SFW5) you must set in SPRO for GLM - "Make Settings for Basic Data" a Print Mode of "GLM_SAPSPOOL"

Print Mode

Specifies the mode that is used to print.

This setting affects how printers are listed in the label tree view.

According to your settings, printers from the IMG activity Transfer and Check Printers are displayed.

Use

• GLM: The printer for the PC on which the SAP GUI runs is used to print. The GLM print program (glmPT.exe) must be installed.
  • SAPSPOOL: The SAP spool printer is used to print.
  • GLM_SAPSPOOL: You can use both variants.

Follow that, using CBGL_CS02 - EHS: Adopt SAP Spool Printer, to set SAP Spools for labeling.

Recall there must already be a WWI printer defined that corresponds to SAP Printer being used.

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Richard ,

I finally configured the spool printer in glm workspace and the file is sent to the printer through spool but looks like there is some issue in the file format . Have you come across such issue ?

Regards,

S P

former_member561828
Participant
0 Kudos

You did not outline the files format issues however, likely related to WWI printer selection.  The WWI printer must match the SAP printer you spooling to.  You must installed the correct printer drivers on the WWI server, setup a local printer configuration, import the printer into SAP.  This is all standard setup of GLM.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear M D

Richard was faster. So;: if you use the "full options" then I believe you don't need the tool any more; but this GLM version is quite flexible and really a big "upgrade" (alot of new functions)

C.B.

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Richard/Chris,

So without upgrade there is no any option to use spool request directly out of sap right .

Regards,

M D

former_member561828
Participant
0 Kudos

EHP5 includes these features.

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Richard ,

Can you please guide ma how can I find and enable OPS_EHS_CL_1 . Looks like we can do this by implementing this enhancement .

Regards,

m D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

1. To see is that is activated, go to SFW_BROWSER

2. To activate that, go to SFW5

(But guess, it should have been activated already !)

Regards

Subash Sankar