cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To upload SH customers in Temporary table and create customers master in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope you are doing great ---Need you help/advice  on the below thought

we receive  an excel file listing accounts that need to be set up as customer recipients I.E customer master in SAP system . we receive a file in the from of spread sheet and then we manually create the same in SAP system. Since this size of this indirect customers is growing day by day  business has decided to automate this process

proposed solution-

1.Modify the file received from external system  to format required for loading in SAP and add all the mandatory fields in the customer master

2.Load the file into a temporary tablein SAP ( transaction code)

3.verify the data and approve for actual customer creation in SAP ( create inbound idols  to create customer master data in SAP)

4.check how many customers created in SAP with standard T.code

From the step 3 above the idea is to create an an inbound idoc . Debmas and etc to create the customers in SAP system .

Not sure how to go about this to achieve this functionality. I need to understand what all does it takes to  see this functionality work

will be great help if any of you can forward me the technical specs or details if you have worked on the same

Appreciate your help----

Mohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Discuss with your ABAP er to create the BDC recording linked to the XD01 transaction with all sorts of checks for duplication etc.

The Excel file will be uploaded through the Transaction and successfully created Customers can also be downloaded in the same BDC transaction along with the newly created Customer Codes and particulars if the Customer number is to be internally generated.

If the Customer number is external then the excel file should contain the external customer code.

Regards,

SRK.

RBM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

I think you are mixing solutions. I think you don't need to create an inbound idoc, because this requirement could be achieve using a LSMW. Create a batch recording, use the Excel structure, even you could add the missing (necessary) fields to create the customer.  By standard, the LSMW will create a temporal table and will check duplicate customers, using for example the tax number (assuming this number can't be repeated).

Another solution if you are planning to upload data directly from the source system, on this case you could use the inbound idoc.

Regards.