cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC 4.0: Can you wire standard Dynpros in side panel?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear NWBC Experts

I am experimenting using Side Panels in NWBC 4.0 on an EHP 6 system.

I have successfully managed to wire in WebDynpro ABAP Chips to accept values from standard Dynpro screen.

e.g. WDR_CHIP_PAGE > BSSP_SP_MASTER_DATA_8C  "Customer" "Material" to receive material / customer

from transactions including VD03 (display sales order), MM03 (display material) etc.

The question I have is if I want to add a standard dynpro tcode e.g. MB52 (display stock data for a mateial) to a side panel

that is shown when accessing Display Material tcode (MM03).

Can the dynpro in the side panel be wired to show the stock data by automatically receiving the material number from the main

Dynpro?

I can get the information from the SAP GUI Collector for the Material field in the Display Material field (MM03)

When I look at the Data Context viewer for the Side Panel, I cannot get a link to pass a value into MATNR-LOW

in MB52.

Has anyone cracked this conundrum?

Many thanks in advance for any advice offered, and even better a solution.

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Very interesting question, it certainly got me thinking. I haven't seen this scenario before and think that perhaps it goes a little beyond the original design behind the side panel... IMO the premise behind the side panel is to enhance "old" GUI screens with "new-er" UI technologies like WDA and HTML5. You could also argue that trying to fit a whole GUI screen into the side panel isn't a great user experience (unless you a super wide and high DPI screen). But let's put those arguments to one side (may be a good d-code bar discussion )

I know when you put a WDA CHIP into the side panel it needs to implement a certain interface to be able to accept the data that is supplied by the NWBC from the main screen.

For a simple BSP you can access that information using some JavaScript Former Member describes how to do that here

I don't know of a standard way to do what you want to do, but a hack might be to create a simple BSP page, access the data using JavaScript and then build a URL to call the t-code and pass in the values as URL parameters. This would probably open the WebGUI (HTML GUI) - which is not very nice, but perhaps there is a way to force it to use the NWBC or local SAP GUI. I know that there are ways to force Windows GUI of WebGUI.

Anyway some starting thoughts... hope it helps.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Simon.

I had also added a Dynpro as a CHIP using a page builder, however could not see any way of adding a dynamic import parameter. I know accessing a tcode using webgui allows the passing of of parameters e.g. &MATNR='00001223333', however I was hoping for a thick client solution.

I will let you now if I make a breakthrough, though expect that this is not an intended purpose for Side Panel.

Mike