Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Personas 1.3 - script button issue

hans_wenzel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

after creating a flavor for transaction VA01 and adding a script button I get the error message "Please enter sold-to-party or ship-to-party" directly after entering the transaction, without having the possibility of really entering the values. The message does not appear until adding the script button but keeps prompting even after deleting the button.

I recently installed the latest cumulative patch for Screen Personas 1.3, but still the same behaviour.

Has anybody seen this before? Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Hans.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Do you have tab caching enabled on that screen? Because if you do, then required field check will kick in and result in a message like that.

hans_wenzel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Tamas. But is there a workaround to avoid this message without disabling tab caching?

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Unfortunately no, there isn't a good way... you could try to have a script attached to the OnCreateHandler of the screen which would populate the required fields or play around with the Additional Actions in tab caching, but according to my experience, these tricks are usually not successful

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Hans,

I just wondered what the script was that you applied to your flavor? Perhaps if we saw the script we may be able to think of a way around this?

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hans,

Even I am facing a similar issue.

On executing the transaction code FB60 through the Script Button, the background validation checks of FB60 automatically kicks in even before even entering any field values thereby resulting in error "Specify account number..."  !!!

This behaviour is also observed with transactions such as FB60, FB50, FB70 and MIRO. I have tried to clear the browser cache, history etc, changed the browser but to no success. Even the "Launch Button" has the same results.

I am currently using Screen Personas 2.0.

Did you receive any solution for your issue ?

Regards,

Ajit Reddy.