cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looping action over list items for editing - Agentry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

I am working on SAP Work Manager 6.0 customising using Agentry 6.1.3. I have a collection that I am looping over for editing (I am using an edit transaction screen for editing), but there is a couple of things that I noticed, as I was editing each collection item through the loop:

1. The editing loop does not start editing from the selected item collection, it always starts from the first item/row on the tile list

2. After editing all the collection items within a parent object, lets suppose I have 8 collection items on the tile list displaying, when I click on the 4th item, the edit transaction screen that opens, always opens/displays the first item on the tile list, irregardless of which one I select/click, the first item/row is always displayed.

Is this standard Agentry behaviour or there is a step that I am missing?

Please advise?!

Thanks and Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill;

Any suggestions?

Thanks and Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Based on history of where the issue lies (past problems that is similar to your issue):

When a Subaction step in an action is set to "Loop over displayed list items", but the collection selected is not the complex table list field on the screen set then there may be issue.

When the complex table selected is incorrectly set - the looping constructed in this manner will loop over all the records in the complex table in the order that the records are stored in the table. So most likely it is the first one.

Workaround:

You could first populate a dummy collection of objects with the complex table records desired and change your show screen to a List View Control that displays the object collection.

A List View control is a valid choice for the collection on looping subaction when set to "Loop over displayed list items"

Hope this helps.

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark;

Thanks a lot for your response, your time is very much appreciated! I have implemented this through a List View control as you advised, it seems to be working fine, except the windows .NET client (6.1.4.443) application crashes when I am within the loop editing the list items, this is when I choose the option "Done: Complete the Action and Break Out of the loop". The other wizard buttons "Finish" and "Cancel" seem to be working just fine. What could possibly be causing this?

So just to take you through a bit of the design, when I double click on a single list item on the List View, a detail screen is displayed, that enables editing per list item, when "Next" is clicked on, the 2nd item is displayed on the detail screen.

Thanks and Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried this with earlier .NET client versions and it seems to be working fine!

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sizo,

Hi. For crashing issue, you may try on a different Agentry client just to test if it also crashes or if it works. If it works in the ATE (Agentry Test Environment - Win32) then there may be a problem in the WPF version.  You may need to open an SAP ticket for this one - due to it could be a bug.

I am not sure how you got a hold of 6.1.4.443 (that is a special release only a few companies have access to for other crash fixes, Android header spacing and others). But anyway when you open this ticket, please provide screen shots and reproduction steps, the Agentry editor export (plus point to where it is in the editor - what the name of the screen, transaction, action) and the agentry.db export (from using the WPF tool bar icon right click - export db).  This will be processed as a bug report accordingly.

Component: MOB-SYC-SAP

Best Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer (mobility)

dm21
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sizo,

Can you please provide some details about how you implemented the List Control with screenshots and how you solved the problem you were facing.

Please help

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sizo,

Update the "Act On Attribute" in action step definition to the screen set current object(For example: -- 😆 main screen set :>mainmenuscreen_demo_detail_screen:>demotilelistviewfield:demo object).Now it may consider the selected object rather than first

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravanthi;

Thank you for the helpful response. I have managed to get the loop to start editing from the selected item, but now, lets suppose that I have 5 items showing on the tile list and I select the 4th one on the list, it will open up that one for editing and instead of looping into the 5th one then after, it loops into the 2nd one on the tile list.

What could be causing this?

Thanks and Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try with setting the execution type to "Loop over collection", and specify the collection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravanthi;

I tried with the "Loop over collection" and I had the collection specifed already, still getting the similar behaviour.

Thanks and Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try "loop over displayed list items".Please share if you got the solution.

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravanthi;

I just tried "loop over displayed list items", the behaviour is still the same.

Thanks and Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why type of client are you using ATE, WPF, iOS, Android?

What is the client version?

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using the dot NET client, version 6.1.4.179

Thanks and Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu

Message was edited by: Sizolwenkosi Ndlovu

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sizo,

There is a setting on the SubAction step when looping over the displayed items where you can specify that looping begins with the first selected item.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill;

Thank you for the response. I actually have that option ticked, but still, it always displays the first row, not the selected collection item. Please see screenshot below:

Thanks and Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I remember see a bug about this, please upgrade to SP04 to see you still get the error.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen;

I'm assuming that you are referring to the SMP server version? We are sitting on SMP2.3 SP04, Patch 1, but still getting the same issue.

Thanks and Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven;

With regards to the issue below, I had this posted on this discussion a while ago:

"I have managed to get the loop to start editing from the selected item, but now, lets suppose that I have 5 items showing on the tile list and I select the 4th one on the list, it will open up that one for editing and instead of looping into the 5th one then after, it loops into the 2nd one on the tile list."

Is this a known bug by SAP? When is the estimated release of the version to fix this issue? Or am I mistaken and this is an implementation issue lying on my side?

Thanks and Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu