cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with SP 17 Sourcing wave 9 ?

0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to use the Function FCI_MAS_GETVLVRESID to fetch a value for Quarters Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 , using this function in the results feild of a Query, it  was  working  fine before, but since we upgraded to SP 17 ,I  face  the Stored procedure missing Error.

Please  check the  screen shot .

Many Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

ManY Thanks Vikram , The issue is resolved with the Format you suggested.

Regards,

Harsh Mundel

0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

what's  the format should i use in the result field of the query to get values from VLV.

0 Kudos

Syntax is ...

<%SCHEMA%>.FCI_MAS_GETVLVRESID(T2.OBJECTID)

Like I said earlier, if your syntax looks correct and if it's still not working, you may want to look at the upgrade related logs to make sure upgrade was successful without errors.

Regards,

Vikram

0 Kudos

Thanks Vikram, I'm getting the team to look into upgrade logs...I need to understand what value has to come in <%Schema%> and where should i Locate it from ..

I think ,I'm lacking basic understanding here, sorry

I  got this message from a friend:

"

You should definitely use that format for schema name regardless of how sure you are.

Unless you enjoy changing it in every place when you transport to another system with a different schema name.

PS. I learned this the hard way a few years back...

"

0 Kudos

Thanks Vikram,

A couple of points ...

1. I checked with the DBA the function is there in the DB and is active.

2. In the Query definition this function is not used, I'm only using it in the Results Tab, The  very  same  Query is  working on Sp11 system which is currently hosted  by  SAP .

Thank you,

Regards,

HM

0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

The big difference is that the hosted system runs on Oracle and I believe your OP system is on DB2. I just did a quick test on a 9.0 system running on DB2 and the function call appears to be working.

So I'm guessing either the query is not written correctly or there is a problem with the upgrade.

I'd check the upgrade related logs and make sure the upgrade succeeded without any errors.

Regards,

Vikram

0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Couple of things to check....

1) In your query, make sure the function call has a SCHEMA token. If there is no SCHEMA token, it won't find the function and will result in the error code sqlcode-440 sqlstate-42884 you are seeing.

2) Check with your DBA if the functions actually exists in the DB. If it's not there, it quite possible that there was an issue with the upgrade. If that's the case, I'd suggest opening a ticket with SAP and attach the upgrade related logs.

Regards,

Vikram