cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10/10.1 User Data Source question

santosh_krishnan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi folks, I've been unable to find any document that addresses this so I thought I'd ask.

I've configured GRC 10.1 so that the GRC system is looking at the ECC system and all the scenarios are configured and things are working well.  We have a separate LDAP issue, and until that's resolved, the user data sources have been set to the ECC system.

Specifically for Firefighter, we want to create Firefighters in the GRC system and assign them IDs that are configured in the ECC system so that they can get in for Firefighter related access and get their work done.  Many of these people are not in the ECC system.

I realized that I have not set up the GRC system as a connector within the GRC connectors configuration.  I also did not find any reference to this in any of the documentation that's available out there.

So I wanted to know how do you get the GRC system to become available as a user data source so that in the event a user is not available in the ECC system, and as in our case, LDAP isn't working, the user will still pull up because they exist in the GRC system?

Can I use a connection type of LOCAL in the "Change View "Connection type definition": Overview" Screen?

Please advice.

Thanks,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

If your requirement is to use GRC as a data source, configure it as a SAP connector as you do for other SAP systems (the underlying system of GRC is Netweaver so its SAP as well).

Once the connector is configured, you can use that in your "data sources configuration - user search data source". List all your connectors and the sequence in which the user ID has to be searched for.

For  your case.,

1. LDAP connector

2. ECC connector

3. GRC connector

Thanks.

Regards,

Muthu

santosh_krishnan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks.  It was a request from the client as a temporary fix, but we decided against going with it.  Need no longer exists.

Santosh