cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SharePoint Connection with Admin user: How? & Bug in SMD?

SMaes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

For demo purposes, I want to make a connection between SMD and SharePoint, using the administrator user.

Because it's for demo's, no Kerberos authentication is needed.

Question

How do I create an connection with SharePoint, using 1 (admin) user to access SharePoint?

I carried out the steps as described in step 4 of Jens' very helpful guide document (), but even with the SharePoint Administrator user, I get an "unauthorized" error!?

The thing I changed, was that during the Java destination creation, I choose the option for authentication "Basic (User ID and Password)" and I filled in the SharePoint admin user. See screenshot:

Then I created the new connection within SMD - Admin ->Repositories -> Connections. The new connection has the same name as the Java destination, as described in the above mentioned guide. This works fine:

But when I try to create the repository in the corporate documents, I get an "Unauthorised" error:

"Error fetching repository data

org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.exceptions.CmisUnauthorizedException: Unauthorized"

Bug in SMD Admin?

Is there a bug in the SMD admin? Because when I click "Ok" after carrying out the above steps in the error popup, the system lets me select a  repository from the local server destination, but the connection still shows the "SharePoint_Administrator_User" value!?

This is clearly the list from the local server, not from the SharePoint connection.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

your Java Destination look good, also the option for basic authentication is ok. Have you tried to ping the destination after you created it. It should give a 200 OK as a result of the ping. If you get a 401 also for the ping, then there is a problem with the destination (wrong password) or the SharePoint Site does not allow login via basic authentication.

This can be checked on the SharePoint Server in the Server Manager:

And for the Admin UI it seems that you have found a bug. We will check that and fix it with the next version.

Thanks & Best regards

Alex

SMaes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your quick reply!

It really helped me and I'm a few steps further now . The problem was indeed the IIS setting, as you mentioned.

I changed it and then the ping test on the connection was successful (Successfully connected to HTTP destination SharePoint_Administrator_User with response code 200. Content type application/atomsvc+xml;charset=utf-8).

But, as you might expect, it's not working yet.

When I now try to create the repository in MCM admin, I can choose the new SharePoint destination and it shows me the list of the possible repositories. I can choose my created repository (Workinstructions) and fill in the rest of the fields.

But when I try to save the entry, I get the following error messge:

Unknown error occurred: Unauthorized :: 401

This happens with every repository in the list.

Then I tried to delete & recreate the connection from MCM admin. But I get the same error message when trying to delete the connection to SharePoint!?!

Any ideas how to solve this??

Thanks for your efforts!

I

0 Kudos

Hi,

have you tried to refresh the page and then try to delete the connection again. It could be that the sesson has expired when you tried to delete the connection.

I'll guess your user is authorized to see these repositories 🙂

Can you check the version of Mobile Documents that you have deployed. And is there any chance to have a look at your system?

Best regards

Alex

SMaes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for you quick answer!

And indeed, after logging in again today I was able to delete the connection and recreate it without any errors!

After recreating the connection, I was able to create a new repository from the SharePoint list in the MCM admin.

I'm now able to upload documents to that repository from my various demo devices. So it works

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards,

Sander

Answers (0)