cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple customer material number for single Sales order item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

We have a requirement in our process. While creating Sales order in our system based on Customer purchase order, we find one difficulty. Refer below scenario,

Customer Purchase order: ORDER_EXAMPLE_2014

Customer Purchase order item: 10

Qty: 10

Customer tag numbers: TAG_01, TAG_02, TAG_03....... upto TAG_10

While entering the Sales order item for the above purchase order item in VA01, we have only one Customer Tag Number field (VBAP-KDMAT). But, our Customer provides tag number based on quantity of the item. Is it possible in standard SAP to capture all the tag numbers for a single Sales order item?

Please provide your valuable suggestions and solutions.

Have a nice day, thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

UmeshYadav
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

VBAP-KDMAT is basically used for CMR and as far as my knowledge is concerned, you can't have 10 different tag numbers for one line item through standard SAP. Although, you can use the CMR text functionality to meet your requirement.

illustration:

Customer material as " Tag Numbers"

then,

text as

Tag Numbers:

1. Tag Numbers 1

2. Tag Numbers 2

3. Tag Numbers 3

4. Tag Numbers 4

5. Tag Numbers 5 and so on.

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Umesh,

Thanks for your reply. Can you explain what is 'CMR text functionality'?

Do you mean to say, for example, we have to create new Text 'Customer material number' and store all customer material numbers for a Sales order item in it?

Whether this will be better or creating a seperate 'Z' table and storing all customer material numbers for a Sales order item (performance-wise - may be for a Sales order with 100 items each 100 qty)?

Please suggest.

Have a nice day

UmeshYadav
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

CMR(Customer material info records) text functionality is the normal text functionality like sales order text etc. I pointed out particularly that because you have been using customer material info record.

As suggested by all experts, its not possible through standard SAP nevertheless if you dont want to go for any ABAP developments then i was suggesting  to create a generic customer material info record and use the text of that for storing all the tag numbers. Again, it will be helpful only if these tag numbers are used further for printing etc purposes.

Z table method is  good but it all depends on your requirement i.e do you only need to store the content and print or doing some validations based on that.

Thanks,

Umesh    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Umesh,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, we will print the Customer material number in the delivery document.

Now only i gone through the basics of CMIR and a basic doubt is there for me.

In the scenario that I explained at the start, I told that our customer is having multiple material numbers (TAG_01 to TAG_10) for a single Sales order item that he ordered us.

In VD51, what we enter is, Our material number and the Material number used by customer (i.e. mapping between our Material number & Material number used by customer).

So, the basic thing, i think, that our customer misunderstood is instead of providing his Material number, he is providing his Serial numbers, insisting us to record the same in our system and deliver as per that.

Am I correct? Or this requirement from our customer is valid and we should go by this?

UmeshYadav
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

My suggestion would be go back to your client and get the requirement clarified.Since Customer material number shouldn't  vary as per the quantity of the material.However, if they insist on storing them and printing in delivery note. Then you can store anywhere infact order item sales text as well.

Thanks,

Umesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is not possible to have this functionality.  You need to create a zee table where you can have multiple fields depending upon the requirement and validate the same via USEREXIT_CUST_MATERIAL_READ in the program MV45AFZB in such a way that as and when sale order is created, system should read this table.

G. Lakshmipathi