cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences between SAP and Customer type systems

0 Kudos

Hi,

I wanted to understand the differences between systems whose type is SAP and customer. Can anyone help me know the major differences or lead to a place where I can find this information?

(The system parameter that decides the type of the system is transport/systemtype)

Regards,

Vybhavi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member418092
Discoverer
0 Kudos

One difference is the Transport request pattern..for CUSTOMER type systems, it is <SID>K9<xxxxx>.

Some additional information:

This parameter defines whether the system belongs to the SAP development system environment from a transport point of view or this is a customer system. The parameter can only be set at installation. Default is "CUSTOMER".

This parameter affect the transport behavior of the system. (request number range, for example), corrections (work in the SAP namespace, SSCR, and so on) and the upgrade behavior (modifications).

With respect to working in SAP namespace: example in customer systems, it is not possible to create a role with a name starting with 'SAP'.

Instead, we should choose the following characters for the role name to start with:

ABCDEFGHIJKLNMOPQRSTUVWXYZ_0123456789&()+,-.:;<>=?