Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas: link to button does not work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas geeks,

Here is my UI and the issue:

On my Personas home screen, there is a dropdown list containing two values: cat2, TRIP

There are two Launch buttons with transactions cat2, and TRIP.

There is a "Go" button, which checks the value of the dropdown list, then calls the launch button to perform the transaction either cat2 or TRIP.

Expected behavior: after select a value in the dropdown list, say, cat2, click Go butoon, UI should go to transaction cat2 UI.

Issue: Nothing happended.

Below is the screen shot of the script code, does anyone see what could be wrong? Thx!

Br,

Dong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI:

I found a solution: the problem is that you cannot call a user-made launch button using a script button (at least in my case). However, you can trigger a transaction using the /okcd field by giving certain T-code.

Set this Q to answered.

Dong

manukapur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Dong,

I just tried to replicate the scenario. A launch button cannot be invoked directly. If its a script button calling another script button, it works.

You can use the /okcd in a script button to call a Tcode.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Thx. We found the same solution. It's still strange that the script button cannot call a Launch button though.

Br,

Dong

franciscoalmeida
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dong Zhu,

Could you please post the script in totum so that we can see how it is working? There are a few different ways to invoke the /okdc transactions so it would be nice to see what is working for you. I believe I saw a similar post from you for a script to launch iw21, so that solution should be the same here?

I'm facing the same issue, with the additional problem that the built-in Transaction buttons do not seem to be working either.

Thanks,

Francisco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

The case is about how to run a tcode from inside a script btn.

What is not working is to call a "Press" on a Launch btn from inside a Script btn.

What is working is to use "Enter Value" (say, iw21), for the /okcd built-in button from inside a script btn.

Basically that is what this post is all about. Does this help you?

Br,

Dong

franciscoalmeida
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Dong.

In our case, Personas (version 3) is working with both the press and enter value when using the script button. However, we have determined that other simple pieces of code, such as storing a value in a variable, are not. So we are downgrading to Personas 2 at the moment. We are on SP8, Kernel 742, and the Notes in this checklist helped, but still a lot of functionality is missing.

I appreciate your response nonetheless, and hope you and others have better luck.

Regards,

Francisco

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manukapur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Dong,

In a dropdown the values are stored as label value pair. Make sure when checking the if condition, the text is exactly as in the value section.

Alternatively , you can use a javascript alert to check what value is coming.

Regards,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

I change the action so that if the value is right in the list, it will show another Ui. It works ok, meaning that the check of the list value is OK. The problem is located in calling the launch button.

To simplified the problem, I create a launch button doing cat2. Then add a script button to cause the "Push" action for the launch button. But it does not work.

Any idea why it cannot make the button Push action? Thx a lot.

Br,

Dong

manukapur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Dong,

It should work ideally. Can you please attach your script? I will check and come back to you.

Regards,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

The following is the code for the launch button. It works fine when it is pressed.

Below is a Script Buttton, when it is called, it should cause the "Press" action on the launch button above. But actually nothing happened when this script button is pressed. I tried "click", "double click" events too, same error.

FYI. I tried to call the "built-in" menu buttons, such as /btn[0] using script button, and that works OK.

Can you see any reason? Thx.