cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IQ 16.0 on solaris 11

alan_fergus2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Is there any plan to add support for SAP IQ 16 on solaris 11?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Where can I find some information about compatibility Oracle Solaris 11.2.12.6.0 and SAP Sybase IQ 16 ?

I need to install this product, but there is not info about the patches or the compatibility on the PAM.

Thanks in advanced ...

Santiago

markmumy
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You will want to check the Release Bulletin and the Installation Guide for those details.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the information into the  Release Bulletin, but, the information on  Installation Guide for the platform, located in SAP IQ 16.0 SP 10 – SAP Help Portal Page. was more usefull.

Thanks for your answers.

Greetings

Santiago

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

IQ16 SP08 - already released.  Not sure where it is mentioned in the release notes.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you find any release note about Solaris 11? Do you know which is the minimum patch level?

Thanks,

Ricardo Fonseca

0 Kudos

We would recommend to have the latest but you should also contact your hardware partner and SUN on this.

In terms of SAP the list of patches needed for Solaris 11, please refer to the SAP Notes below:

1431800 Oracle 11.2.0: Central Technical Note

1669684 SAP on Oracle Solaris 11
1797712 Solaris software prerequisites for SAP on Oracle Solaris 11

Applying OS patches should not affect SAP system, except that the patch himself has issues which cause OS behavior or problem. As long as the major SOLARIS version is compatible with SAP,

the latest patches should not affect SAP.

Anyway, although SAP will be fine after updating OS patch, we still recommend applying in test system and then proceed on the production system, in case the patch himself has problem.

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

IQ engineering is targeting certification on solaris 11 for SAP IQ 16 sp 10 due end of May

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Saroj for the answer.