cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print multiple tab in Design Studio Dashboard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement where I have 2 -3 tabs in dashboard and the end user wants a single print button to print this .

I know we have one function Application.print() which we can use in button and print one single page but the user want to print all tabs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

as the print is connected to browser printing, it does only print what is visible on the screen. This means in standard you cannot print content which is not visible.

Only what you could try is to prepare additional panel in the app, where the content is "duplicated" - which of course will work only if there is not too much content - and then trigger visibility of this panel and then in the same script trigger printing. This will again print what is visible, but at the print point your additional panel would be visible.

Regards, Karol

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Karol,

The option which you suggested looks fine and will check it.Thanks

@Fazith Ali Z . Thanks for your response , the user will look more to print in a single view the whole dashboard

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rahul,

The Current Print given in Design Studio is WYSWYG format, I think you should then go with Karol's Suggestion.

Regards,

Fazith Ali Z.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

There might be a long work around for this.

When you click on a Button which triggers the Print function:

write a script like this

var a=Tabstrip.getselectedTabIndex();

Tabstrip.setselectedTabindex()=0;

Application.Print();

Tabstrip.setselectedTabindex()=1;

Application.Print();

Tabstrip.setselectedTabindex()=2;

Application.Print();

Tabstrip.setselectedTabindex()=a;

and it should open multiple Print screens, and then go back to your initial View

Regards,

Fazith Ali Z.