cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Validation Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm new to SAP so apologize for asking what may be considered a basic question - I did spend quite some time searching the internet but couldn't find a clear answer.

I would like to know what exactly data validation is.  I have a general idea that it involves ensuring that a particular set of data is acceptable but in the context of data migration in SAP:

1) At which stage of the data migration process is data validation done?  Also, how would a functional consultant be involved in this process?

2) What kinds of tools could be developed to aid us with this process

3) How is data validation done. Is it as easy as having data in a spreadsheet and using filters and such to delete data that does not meet a criteria?

Thanks again for your help.  Again, I couldn't find a clear answer for these on any forums and thus am asking this here.

thanks,

Akshat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

• The Validation allows solid data entry regarding special rules.

For more details, you can check following link (as i had gone through this link) : https://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/5b/d2315a43c611d182b30000e829fbfe/content.htm

or

http://www.erpgreat.com/business/data-validation-and-data-reconciliation.htm

Hope this will help you .

Regards,

Kundan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Kundan.  Can you tell me if data validation is conducted before data load or after data load into SAP?

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

The Data Validation will conducted before data load.

Because once the data is load in SAP, then again we need to check the valid data, which is not correct. So before loading to SAP system, we need to conduct before.

Regards,

Kundan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - what about in the case of mock load?  In this case we would do validation after load, correct?

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

Try this link :

and Best Practices Data Migration - SAP MM

Regards,

Kundan