cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM to be streamlined - Need Expert Suggestions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I need your suggestions on the below scenario.

I have been handovered with responsiblity to streamline the WMS system by resloving issue and fixing the gaps.

Problem is Client was not using WMS sytem from last 9 months and it is still connected to MM.

Hence everyday corresponding  WM docuements are generated relevant to MM and other process which is still in open status.

Now i am in dilemma how to tackle this situation !

I have the below plan :

1.Resolving and closing all existing issues in production server.

2.Stock correction in IM and WM

3.Identifying and fixing the gaps

But what if i found that the existing process conifured in SAP doesn't need the business requirement ? And need to implement again ?

Believe me that any help on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per your thread "Client was not using WMS sytem from last 9 months and it is still connected to MM"

your first approach should be

1) What was the reason why  they were not using the WMS system from last 9 month. This will help you to understand any area of concern and whether any change required in the system design or the business process was not configured properly.

2) They were not using WM but WM was still active as per SAP WM, for any movement  system create TO without TO confirmation you can not post a delivery. How are they managing today if there is some alternate way they can move back to the same. Try to understand that

Once you have a detail understanding of the above explain the reason for failure or not using the WM to the management and then you start any correction in the system as u planned

There can be n number of further check and correction but to begin with i will suggest start with the above mentioned

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks a lot for sharing your views on this plan.

I found some congigurations changes to be done.

So my plan is to first resolve the productions issues and then disconnect WM from IM.

2) They were not using WM but WM was still active as per SAP WM, for any movement  system create TO without TO confirmation you can not post a delivery. How are they managing today if there is some alternate way they can move back to the same. Try to understand that ?

Ans)They were able to issue the stock by using allow negative stock functionality

But now the major challenge is to clear the negative stock from interim storage types(911,914,921,922)

So is there any short cut method to clear this negative stocks lying in interim storage types as now i am doing it manually but there are thousands of -ve stock entries.

It is getting horrible to clear those bulk -ve entries !

Thank you..

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Om,

As far as my knowledge says there is no transaction to clear the -ve entries in Mass. in your reply you mentioned the plan is to disconnect WM from IM then can i ask (only if  you want to share the reason) you why you are making effort to clear all those entries as at then end of the day anyway you are going to disconnect WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

My plan is to disconnect WM from IM once i cleared those -ve entries.

Hence after this stock will go through IM and there will be no stock inconsistency.

Once i am done with configuration i will again connect WM within the same sloc.

Because here i have to change putaway/picking strategy.

What will be your suggestion ?

Thank you..

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After clearing all those entry you need to cross check the stock with WM vs IM vs Physical and i am sure you will get more surprise as your client was not using the WM for so long.

In my opinion if management agree then instead of activating the WM in same SLoc

1) Create a separate SLoc

2) Connect that with WM

3) Create a replica of existing WM in the new SLoc

4) Change / update the WM config as per your observation

5) Conduct a physical count based on IM stock vs Physical stock

6) Upload the stock in new SLoc

In this case you are making sure that business is running as usual and switchover time to new WM will be very less

Disadvantage :: Since you are going to use the new SLoc/ WM all your existing report and custom program needs to be changed to new one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Manish is right. You better to go with New Warehouse number instead of struggling to clear inventory with current warehouse. Only the effort is implementing new Warehouse number. It will take time but not as much as clearing inventory in old warehouse.

Answers (0)