cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport time during ATP-check over several transportation lanes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I want to bring APO to schedule an "indirect" transport during ATP check while creating a sales order in ERP, but unfortunately I can not find a solution here. Maybe you can give me a hint, how I can solve my issue?!

The mATP-Check checks the stocks in following order, when creating a sales order for p1:
Sales Company (p1) --> Distribution Center (p2) --> Production Plant (p3)

In case that APO wants to create a STO from p3, p2 shall be the recieving plant.
Therefore I have not maintained any transportation lanes or info records, so that APO can not create a purchase requisition from p3 to p1.

In the ATP - Result Overview I now want to determine the exact date, when the customer could recieve the material. For this, APO has to calculate the transport time from p3 to p1, BUT with transshiptment in p2 (so route of transportation should be p3 -> p2 -> p1).

My current solution is to maintain a static TRAN-time with the condition technique (or CPS) in APO for p3 -> p1, but I would prefer a dynamic way of calculating the transport time. Do you have any idea, how I can bring APO to calculate the transport time over several (at least 2) transportation lanes during ATP-Check? Are there any other solutions or User-Exits? (Distance/Speed isn't a solution for me either)

I am working with SAP SCM 7.0 EHP3.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!
Ron

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

Do you maintain the Inhouse Production time and Planned Delivery time for the Product location in ECC?

For Example if you have a "inhouse Production time of 10 days in ECC for p3 and for P2 in special procurement key if you have mentioned transfer from P3 and established a planned delivery time of 5 days ( from P3 to P2.) - you would get the MAD and then you can use the TRAN COndition from P2 to P1 ( from MAD to RDD).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rorie,

thanks for your fast reply! I suppose I have to explain my issue a bit more precisely.

The material has MRP type X0, so all times are calculated by APO actually.

I have maintained transportation lanes for the transports (p3->p2 ; p2->p1) with different means of transport and shipping times. When I check the availability of this material while creating a sales order, I can see in the delivery proposal for p3 a transportation time.

This time is sourced by the transportation time for the transportation lane (if exists), then by TRAN condition and at last calculated by distance/speed(MoT).

I have not maintained a transportation lane p3 -> p1, so APO can not find p3 as source of supply for p1. So I can prevent that APO tries to ship material from p3 directly to p1. Now I summed up manuelly the times in transportation lanes (p3 -> p2 & p2 -> p1) and maintained a TRAN condition for p3 -> p1. That's the time I already can see in the delivery proposal of the ATP check.

BUT: Can I make APO that smart that it can determine the possible transportation lanes to fulfill the shipment and sums up the durations by itself(if no direct lane exists)? So I don't have to maintain two different data sources (what I try to avoid).

Or is it an optimization issue that APO can not handle?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

That would not be possible in standard solution

You can check if this could work for
you: in ECC maintain Planned delivery time + In-house Production time  = Total Repl.lead time in P1 ( that is your P3->p1).

In APO “maintain Check control” – Confirmation at Checking horizon

CIF the master data, check if you have
the checking horizon (TRLT) populated in APO Product master (ATP TAB).

Maintain the Checking horizon calendar
– create a calendar and assign it to your location master ( calendar tab and
Shipping calendar) this will be automatically populated in the checking horizon
calendar field in ATP Tab.

Now when a sales order is entered, the
order will be confirmed at the checking horizon.

The negative side of it is that , all
the sales orders will be confirmed at the checking horizon.

Or

You can develop a program where you
can feed in the screen ( from – To)  P3 to P2 and P2 to P1 ( it
will search in the T lane and give the output as P3 to p1 after adding ) and
store this output in a Z Table , you need to modify the code to check this Z
Table to read the transportation time. Need to check on the performance

or will check if other experts has any other suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rorie!

I will check out your solutions, thanks!   Also good to know that it is not possible with standard customizing. If I find another solution, I will let you know.