cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASU During EHP6 upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I had upgrade our ecc 6.0 to ehp5, 1 year back , but it never ask for ASU/Upgrade step,

But Now once i am trying to upgrade to ehp6 , it is asking for /ASU/Upgrade step, Once i tried n/ASU/Upgrade/ in 000 client it is prompting me to choose task list , How to proceed with ASU step please give some steps.

RK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I checked all the note and found only information , I have doubt in one note    666178  only , please check and help what need to be done.

RK

former_member286941
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello RK, The note you mentioned is not difficult to follow if you come accross this problem.  You have read installation/SUM guides and mentioned other related notes very carefully as prepreation of the upgrade. This will not be difficult. I think you need to proceed the /asu/upgrade txn and follow, I also mentioned earlier what we did during SCM upgrade. You atleast take care basis part and rest to ABAPers and other concerned function persons like BI etc. In the end you have SAP, you can take their help when you are struck. Regards Munish

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can skip asu/upgrade as most of the points are related to BW system.

former_member286941
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rableen, I did this update to EHP6.  But not faced this issue. Could you share the screen shot or some other log which can show the issue you are facing. Regards Munish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Munish,

PF the SS as below. It is asking to do the ASU/Upgrade. .......One more thing From where i can see what will be the minimum SP of ECC 6.0 to Upgrade to Ehp6 ..

Regards

RK

former_member286941
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello RK, When you run /ASU/upgrade, there you will find actions to be peformed by basis and funciton team, you can take up the basis tasks like deltion of batch job log files and other basis tasks. other functional tasks can be handed over to functino team or abaper. This is what we did in SCM upgrade, but this did not come in EHP update from ERP EHP5 to EHP6. When you will exectute the basis tasks the green tick will come on right side check boxs. Rest these are practice scenerio's when we are doing,we come to know better. Regards Munish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear,

what will be the minimum SP of ECC 6.0 to Upgrade to Ehp6 ..

RK

former_member286941
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello RK, SAP Note 1496212 - EHP6 for SAP ERP 6.0 You need to explore by reading upgrade/update guide and SUM release note. All rest work is done by MOPZ. Regards Munish

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You just need to check whether those SAP notes mentioned are applicable for your system and if yes implement them and if not just skip.

I never had to do it as those notes were not applicable.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RB,

Then you mean to say that no need to do anything with ASU , Just mark as done and proceed.

RK

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Rableen,

If the notes are not relevant then you can skip.

Regards

RB