cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am little bit confuse in automatic fixed pegging and dynamic fixed pegging

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am little bit confuse in automatic fixed pegging and dynamic fixed pegging

1) In automatic fixed pegging pegging is stable between receipt and requirement element . But I observed that some  production order of other sales order pegs to my sales order  when it is automatic fixed pegging . so how can it be stable

2)when I create manual planned orders it comes under dynamic pegging but these are also stable when it pegs to sales order

3)Give me exact difference between on these pegging

thanks in advance

Regards

Virender

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

In dynamic pegging, the system automatically links the receipts with the requirement for a location product. If the receipt or requirements are changed (qty/dates or any new receipt/requirement is created), new dynamic pegging are created in the system. Therefore the dynamic pegging is not retained for long in the system. You can view the pegging relations and qty pegged on the pegging overview tab in product view (PPDS) or in planning book (SNP when using CTM).

On the other hand, in fixed pegging, the link between the receipt and requirement is retained even after the change in the recpt/ reqmnt qty and dates.

You can manually create/delete fixed pegging on the pegging overview tab and also from the planning book.

In using CTM, you have options to use dynamic or fixed pegging on the strategies tab. If working with PPDS heuristics SAP_PP_019 & SAP_PP_011 can be used for creating/deleting fixed pegging relationships.

To test the pegging behavior, review the same on pegging overview, manually fix peg the rect with reqmnt and then you can make changes in the reqmnt/recpt to see the effect on pegging relationship.

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear umesh

Generally i create sales order against material if no stock is available heuristics will run and create planned orders .but when i change quantity for same sales order again i go for GATP new planned orders will be created .But when it is automatic fixed pegging  planned orders which are pegged should remain why they are lossing when i am running CTP.

If i am wrong please correct it

former_member190993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

Not sure, where do you see automatic fixed pegging option in the system. As per my understanding the dynamic pegging is the one which system does automatically, while the fixed pegging is created through planning run (PPDS heuristic or CTM) or manually,

Regards,

Umesh

former_member278845
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh and everybody,

I have the requirement to create  a fixed pegged purchase Requisition from the ATP-Tree which is created from gATP via rule based ATP check.

Do you have an idea where to do that?

Regards,

Lars

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rorie

I am using CTP which calls PPDS when ever planning is required not CTM.I want to know why pegging losses in  automatic fixed pegging.

thanks &regards

virender

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using CTM, the system creates fixed pegging relationships- during the next CTM run, the system can change the pegging relationships.