cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Duplicate Jobs in Solution Manager.

0 Kudos

Greetings,

We see duplicates of Job CCMS_CPH_AGGR_DATA_UPDATE and CCMS_CPH_RAW_DATA_UPDATE in our Solution Manager.

I understand these jobs are used to transfer data from the CCMS monitoring infrastructure to the associated BI of the SAP Solution Manager. The data is written directly to a number DSOs. Job CCMS_CPH_AGGR_DATA_UPDATE should be scheduled once every day and Job CCMS_CPH_RAW_DATA_UPDATE should be executed every hour.

However, we see huge number or duplicate jobs. I wanted to know if it’s alright to delete the duplicates?

Thank you,

Haseeb Ahmed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Haseeb,

Is there any error in the job logs and are the jobs finishing on time? It may well be a performance issue and you could review SAP note 1770827 if this is the case. Also check tx SM21 for any errors as well.

Kidn regards,

Roland

0 Kudos

Hi Roland, Thanks for your reply. These jobs are completing successfully and No errors have been recorded. In our Solution Manager System, we see Job CCMS_CPH_RAW_DATA_UPDATE and CCMS_CPH_AGGR_DATA_UPDATE has been created multiple times by user SM_EXTERN_WS. There are like hundreds of same jobs created. Since these are weekly and daily jobs, it does not make sense to keep them all. I wanted to know if its okay to clean-up the duplicates or not? I don't understand why duplicate jobs were created and is there a specific case when once of them will be active? Thanks, Haseeb Ahmed.

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Haseeb,

Can you attach a screenshot of the jobs as I would like to know what is the "status" of the jobs?

Also take a look at note 1964073 which may help.

Kind regards,

Roland

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Roland. I went through the note and found a similar situation. As suggested in the note, I have deleted the jobs which are in Scheduled Status. Most of the duplicate jobs are gone now.

Answers (0)