cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 'No valid source context supplied' for getEntity / getEntitySet call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

we have configured our ECC system with IW_BEP and Gateway as standalone system. We have developed the Gateway Services using SEGW in backend ECC system and have registered these services on Gateway system.

However when we are executing getEntity or getEntitySet methods in Browser or Gateway Client, the call is failing with error message 'No valid source context supplied.'

I checked the error log for this issue and it says Deserialization of XML failed via transformation ''. Can you guys suggest what could be the issue with this error? Is this due to in-correct configuration? In our Gateway system, we have created System-Alias for ECC system with both check-boxes for Local GW & For Local App as unticked. The RFC destination underlying this System alias is working fine.

Please help me on this.

Regards,

Deepak Salokhe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

Put a BP in DPC inside appropriate method and debug to check where exactly its failing and why its failing.

And regarding making date/time field nullable,there is no connection between making a date/time nullable irrespective if its a Key or not a Key.

Please make date/Time fields as Nullable first though its a Key.

Making nullable is for GW to correctly convert Date/Time fields into correct format.

Gw fails when Date/Time is null. So to avoid this we need to make it Nullable so that GW handles date/Time conversion correctly if they are null values.

Do the above and check again.

Clear model cache and fire the service.

Revert if any issues.

Regards,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to debug the Gateway Service method. but it seems that the call doesn't reach to my service code. In the Error log using Backend Monitor, I could see that it fails in method /IWBEP/CL_MGW_REMOTE_HANDLER-->REQUEST_PROCESS. However i am not able to put External Breakpoints in this method.

As i mentioned earlier, since my date field is part of key, system won't allow me to mark it as 'NULLABLE'. when I mark it as 'NULLABLE' and try to activate, it throws error message 'Property 'Indentdate' is a key and must set nullable to false'.

In the above mentioned class, it exits the method with error ' OData Method not found'. any clues what could be the issue??

Regards,

Deepak Salokhe

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

OK thanks for sharing the info regarding Key.

Can u try checking why its failing in method /IWBEP/CL_MGW_REMOTE_HANDLER-->REQUEST_PROCESS ?

Only way is to debug Deepak. Since error is not specific we nned to debug in these kind of cases and try to know y its failing. This might help and we may get some info which will help fixing things.

This problem is only happening for this particular service ? or its happening for all the services ?

Check this first. If its happening for rest of the services then problem is something else with the GW/BE components only. If not then its service specific.

Can u try regenerating objects again and check ?

Regards,

Ashwin

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Check this thread

and do changes accordingly to your model and check if it resolves the error.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra

Thanks for the reply. I can't make the date field as NULLABLE in my structure since it is part of Key for the entity.

However I am also facing same issue for Gateway Service which do not have any Date field

Regards,

Deepak Salokhe