nol_hendrikx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

double post ;-(

nol_hendrikx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hara,

The submit button is part of the WebDynpro application that holds the Adobe PDF (as an Active X component).

At SAP side you can set external breakpoints on the Badi (via SE18 - QISR1 - Your Implementation).

There are several exits and checks.

cheers,

Noel

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hara

Noel is correct with his statement about the Submit button if he is referring to the Internet Service Request use of Interactive Forms.

If you develop in Web Dynpro 'stand-alone', the Submit button would be one interface element on the form itself.

At design time, you determine where the button is supposed to appear on the form by dragging and dropping the corresponding object from the Library palette in Adobe LiveCycle Designer onto the form.

You then set the button properties, i.e. which protocol to use for the Submit (e-mail, HTTP) and which data to submit (XML, that is the user entries, the filled-out PDF, or XML and PDF).

At run time, clicking the button triggers the action set at design time.

Regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

To further elobarate on Markus answer, there is actaully a specific submit button (Submit to SAP) available in the Web Dynpro tools section of the Adobe Designer. This Submit Button triggers an Adobe Reader plug-in which then communicates via an Active-X control to the Web Dynpro applications. So if you want to do a submit of a form in a Web Dynpro application you should use that button. If the form is outside of the Web Dynpro app (e.g. in standalone Reader) you would use the e-mail or HTTP submit. In that case you would need to write custom code to handle the incoming data on the server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I may expand on the question....

You imply a different communication path if you are using the activex controls for communication back to the web dynpro app. I assume it is still over http/https and not a direct tcp/ip connection back to the WAS server?

brenda

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Web Dynpro the communication between the form and the Web Dynpro application running in the browser is done through a specific plug-in (SAP Forms) in Reader and an Active-X control running in IE. This is just the communication on the client. The communication between the Web Dynpro application on the client and the Web AS is HTTP/HTTPS.

In the future we plan to change the architecture to not use the plug-in/active-x communication on the client, but instead a more generic HTTP communication which will also support other browser then IE and will not require an Active-X component. (Future in this statement means end of this year).

Cheers

Matthias

nol_hendrikx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for the interesting news regarding the Active-X component. Do you know if this will be part of MySAP ERP 2005 Rampup / Netweaver 05 ?

cheers,

Noel

PS. Markus: you were right on your feedback to my answer. I was looking at the Interactive forms created with the ISR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Noel,

yes thats the target to roll it out with mySAP ERP05. It will require Adobe Reader 7.0.5 planned for Q3/05.

Cheers!

Matthias