cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple projects assignment not available in RfC

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP11. We are using ChaRM and creating change documents with the transaction ZMCR. We are using multiple projects with different systems. We have the following situation:

M_ERP_0002 (maintenance project of ECC+BW+PI+TM)

•    Development - Test - Acceptance - Production  (ECC)

•    Development - Test - Acceptance - Production (BW)

•    Development - Test - Acceptance - Production (PI)

•    Development - Test - Acceptance - Production (TM)      

M_SUP_0001 (maintenance project for Solution Manager)

•    Dev - Test - Prod

Now we have an RfC which is valid for the whole landscape. This means on all systems the change must be done. For example SAP security Notes. We create an RfC which is approved by some people and in the impact analysis it is said the change is necessary for all systems.

But the problem is that we can choose only one project in an RfC. For example we choose M_ERP_0002 and fill in all systems in the request for change scope.

Now we want to create the Normal Change for the M_SUP_0001. But when we look at available projects, we see only the M_ERP_0002. We are missing now the M_SUP_0001, so we can not create a Change for all systems on one RfC.

Summarizing: We want to use one RfC (with all required approvals) and create the changes for all the systems (eq multiple projects) , so we don’t have to go trough the complete approval process again for the systems under a different project. We want an RfC and not multiple to do the same change on multiple systems.

Are there more SAP users with the same situation and how I have to solve this? 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

ChaRM is project specific therefore this is not wrong but correct that you can'T choose and assign more than one Project for a Change Request.

The only solution in your case would be to create only one maintenance project with all systems instead of different maintenance projects

hope this clarifies

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reaction

It is not possible for us to add all systems in one project. This because of a different times when a release go live. This is a business requirement.

Also in some cases we have an RfC which is partly delivered by a normal change. Then the project (release) is closed and a new project (release) is started. So the second part of the RfC can not delivered in the same RfC, This is because we can't choose an other project when already a normal change is created with the first project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Do you recommend to create on CHARM project which includes all SAP DEV,QAS,ACCP and PRD systems? If yes then it is only for ABAP systems right? For non ABAP systems better we create another CHARM project seperately.

Thanks

Sateesh.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

how are you?

One maintenance project is sufficient to cover all the changes for entire landscape including SAP and non SAP changes eventhough we have different type of changes and different type of releases

This is the major different between maintenance and Implementation project.

Cheers

Regards

Prakhar

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is not possible to achieve with one maintenance project to meet this business requirement.

Kindly attend SAP trainings for Change Control Management where SAP has specific chapters/hands on session covering the same.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

One maintenance project is not possible for us. This due business requirement.

We have also the following situation:

Also in some cases we have an RfC which is partly delivered by a normal change. Then the project (release) is closed and a new project (release) is started. So the second part of the RfC can not delivered in the same RfC, This is because we can't choose an other project when already a normal change is created with the first project.

What is your advise for this situation?

Regards,

Richard Veldhuis

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

As I have already mentioned it is possible to meet above requirements but more like a consulting issue.

Anyway for your issue where not all changes need to be imported you can do a selective import ..check below functionality

this should resolve

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice one Prakhar. Interesting one

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am fine and thanks for the confirmation. So to use CHARM technique effectively, its always good to have one domain, one transport group and to use all systems sap,non sap etc etc in one maintenance project.

Thanks

Sateesh.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

Well as I said it is good to have all under one but sometimes we might have multiple due to many different reasons.

today the flexibility of ChaRM is extremely high and we can cater all these types of needs where we have

• multiple bugs
  • diff schedule
  • diff type of changes etc

and SP10 onwards SAP has made wonderful changes to accomplish it

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prakhar. I have read the document and I will discuss this option internally.

I had already send an Incident to SAP. But they react that it is a development request.

So me question is do you have other suggestions than only use one project. When I read the document about selective import I see in printscreens multiple projects are supported.

Regards,

Richard

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

It is more like the business requirement and then design of change management you want to use.

Therefore, it is not mandatory to have one project but easier to use that way again w.r.t business requirements etc

You still can have multiple project and can go ahead with your requirements but then you need to adapt the various Import strategy as mentioned in the document like

Status dependent import

Selective import on status or combination etc

Again if you ended up in more complex criteria where it can't be achieved without any config then definitely need to go for development but avoid as much as you can otherwise it will be big impact during upgrade.

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes absolutely !