Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role Deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

R/3 4.6c

Non CUA

I would like to delete a role from DEV and then transport the deletion to QA and then PRD. I have read some documentation from help.sap and this is what they had to say -

"If the deletion is to be transported, put the role objects in a transport request before deleting. To delete the role in a system linked by RFC (For example, a component system in Workplace), choose Role ® Distribute deletion"

Does the above statement pertain to systems with Central user Administration ?

I want to know if you folks have tried this before. Am curious to know if it is straight forward as stated above. What are the issues I would need to look out for while doing this ?

best regards

Ravi

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

We allways delete roles through the landscape this way:

1 create transport in DEV and put the role in

2 delete the role in DEV.

3 transport to all systems/client were the role is.

Works good as long as you do not have transport problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll differentiate here between 1) roles that govern access to the CUA system itself, and 2)roles that are assigned by CUA but are provisioned out to other systems.

1). You put the role that you want to delete in a transport in the development version of whatever system the CUA is residing on (eg. SOLMAN, ECC, etc). Then delete the role. The release the transport. The role will be deleted from the CUA system.

2). In this case, the role doesn't really exist in CUA. It is more like a pointer to the role in the child system. So, logon to the child system's dev environment. Put the role in a transport. Delete the role. Release the transport. When the transport has gone to the appropriate child system (qa, prod), then logon to CUA. Perform a normal role text comparison to the child systems, and the role will then disappear from the CUA assignment options.