cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring When Credit Checks are Run

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently trying to find a way to change the points at which credit checks are run. I have stumbled across several documents here on the network about Critical fields etc, but have yet to find anything that explicitly shows how I may change when a credit check is run.

Currently the system is running credit checks automatically at more points than we need, and we are in need of a way to configure when a check is run in the order process or for what specific order types.

If anyone out there can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Collins,

There are several integration point where you can control Credit  check.

As your requirement is not clear, Some of interesting area may be :

• Settings at Item category level
  • Settings at pricing procedure level : Subtotal 'A' carry credit value. You may modify value in subtotal "A" by writing some codes
  • Settings available at OVA8 : other than standard settings availble here, Routine  is another interesting object which you may try.

You may analyse above available option and decide which one better suits your requirement.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently running credit checks after the proforma invoice and export invoice, I need to bypass credit checks at the export invoice step and only have them run at proforma

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Then analyse if using routine at OVA8 helps you.

Credit check applies only in three places Sales order, delivery, and Goods Issue... ... then what do you mean by export invoice step and only have them run at proforma ..?

Regards

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As pointed out by Neeraj the Credit checks are available upto PGI level in SAP.

Provide details of you query/

Regards,

S.RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been tasked with the creation of new order/contract types to fit the customers needs.

In this particular instance, the proforma invoice is essentially an invoice like any other, but is used primarily for customs purposes during importation of products.

In this type of setup, there is an export invoice that accompanies it. Currently credit checks are run at both of these invoice steps. I need to remove the check at the proforma step.

I figured there must be a way I can configure where credit checks are run

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Collins,

Pro forma invoice are either order based or delivery based. Do you mean to say you are doing credit check in transaction VF01 or VF04?

For delivered goods Invoice are normally based on delivery. Now whats situation in your case.

Standard credit check works when you create order VA01, Delivery VL01N and at the time of PGI.

What do you mean by both invoice steps? If Customer exceed credit limit Goods should not deliver to him. If once you delivered goods, then there is no use of Credit check.

Do you mean to say you are delivering goods then checking Invoice?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Whether to have credit check or not can be controlled at item category level -> Business data -> Credit active check box. Deactivate this cehck box if you do not want credit check. At sales order type customizing level, you can control the ways of having  automatic and simple credit checks. -