cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy to JDBC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My scenario is Proxy to JDBC asyncronous interface.ECC is sending the records in smaller chunks to PI and finally data sent to SQL server .Here control - M is involved which triggers the ECC batch job.Control - M waits until the last record successfully updated in SQL server and it requires acknowledgement or response message from SQL server/PI inorder to start the second batch job.is it possible to get the response from SQL server through receiver JDBC adapter and sent to ECC or control - M?

Any options available to acheive this requirement?

Regards,

Karthiga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think we cannot achieve by single flow,

1) As batch job control M is involved, my suggestion is use a STORED PROCEDURE instead in the 1st flow to UPDATE_INSERT in the table, add a new flag in the table that stored procedure will update once the records are inserted in the table. Finally commit is done by the stored procedure. So we are sure records are updated in table now.

2) Now in second flow asynchronous call from JDBC to SAP to inform control M team to start the next job in SM37.  Here as said in point 1 read the records based on new flag field that we added and update this flag after read.

Hope it is helpful.   😉  Ciao

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be you can design a parallel synchronous interface b/w control+m and PI DB tables to retrieve the status.

Please check the below blog  which talks about similar approach

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthiga,

You can achieve this by creating synchronous interface.  With asynchronous interface it's not possible.  Did you try to search the blogs for Proxy to JDBC scenarios in SDN.

Thanks,

Satish.