Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard text with € symbol in Adobe print form

Koja78
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are doing a conversion of a sapscript print form to a new adobe form.

In a specific standard text we have the euro symbol under the form of <156> which gives you the € symbol at print-out time. (not in preview mode)

We have now included this standard text in our new adobe form but the € symbol disappeared.

Any ideas?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Koja78
Participant
0 Kudos

As per OSS answer:

PDF based form is using different technologies from SapScript/Smartforms.  The workaround for SapScript/Smartforms does not work for PDF based forms.  Unfortunately for ADS form it's not possible to print such character in the non-unicode system.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Koenraad,

just humbled over this OSS 129581 - Euro sign: printing

Symptom

How to print the euro sign (U+20AC, SAP char #156)?

Maybe this node will solve your problem, if not I think you need to switch the codepage or at least the character set of the printers. By the way, what kind of device-type are you using and what character set is included?

~Florian

Koja78
Participant
0 Kudos

That bird doesn't fly so easy here.  Those kind of changes need regression testing and permissions of a zillion ppl. 

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Koenraad,

what are the arguments for not changing the codepage? Perhaps this would be an easy and fast solution...

~Florian

Koja78
Participant
0 Kudos

Still get's converted into a space.

Koja78
Participant
0 Kudos

System is non-unicode compliant codepage 1100

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Koenraad,

I think this sapnote will fix your issue:

997770 - "Real" euro symbol during PDF conversion (non-Unicode)

But I see you also found the discussion

and here it is also named by nabheet. So I think you already tried it.

A workaround could be to read the include text before into a table and pass it via interface to the adobeform. Here you can use ABAP to replace the character and solve the issue.

~Florian