cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to Install Lumira 1.18

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am not able to Install SAPLUMIRA 1.18 on my sytem.It gives me an error while running the .exe file.The same set up ran on few systems.I am attaching the screen shot of the error here only.please help us to resolve the issue at the earliest

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What operating system are you trying to install Lumira on?

0 Kudos

Dear Tammy.

We have OS windows 7 SP1 32 bit

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you download the 32 bit or 64 bit software version?

If you downloaded the 32 bit, maybe try downloading the 64 bit and see if that works

0 Kudos

Dear Tammy,

Still I am getting the same error after trying with 64 bit too.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sorry to hear that

Could you please contact Lumira Support to help troubleshoot? - +1 (855) 5-LUMIRA(58 6472)

0 Kudos

Dear tammy,

The number is incorrect.Please share correct number.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

it's on the front page of this SCN community

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is what is on their twitter profile

I am hoping

can assist

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you might also want to check out the lumira Installation logs, windows event viewer etc

one thing is for sure - a 32-bit OS needs the 32-bit build of Lumira (not 64bit, ever) . I would discourage you from contacting support right now.

I bet that this is a problem of insufficient system resources.  4 things to consider:

1. Do you have a blocking antivirus or some scanner blocking the setup.exe?  try disabling such utilities.
  2. you need RAM to launch the application - about 4GB RAM (not 2 - is that what you have available?)
  3. Did you try and install the setup.exe by doing right-click 'run as administrator' (pls. do it.)
  4. Try opening the application by doing 'run as administrator' on the Lumira.exe

now what happens?

Regards,
H

0 Kudos

Dear Henry,

I did all the steps mentioned by you.But still the issue persists.Same set up ran on other systems in our team.So can you please suggest some solutions.

Thanks & Regards,

Pranit

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

how much RAM do you have ?

0 Kudos

Dear Henry,

I have 4 GB RAM

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

how about downloading the swdc package again locally (i.e. not launching from network share) in case that's a factor?

the very fact that "this works fine on other workstations" confirm that this is an isolated problem, linked to a single problem workstation.

it's not the Lumira installer that is broken, it's this user/machine's ability to allow the installer to launch and deploy to completion.

install logs are here (if it got that far, which I don't think it did) C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\InstallData\logs\<datestamp>\setupengine.log

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

how RAM much Available at time of setup.exe launch?  (see task mgr)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What's in the event viewer? 

Have you considered using ProcMon / RegMon to find out which Dir path or Reg paths aren't accessible on this 'problem machine'?

1. profile your failing install

2. profile a successful install

3. compare differences in IO and resolve

Regards,

H

p.s. this is a troubleshooting process that support will follow.

0 Kudos

Dear Henry,

I have downloaded the package on locally.There seems to be issue with the system .I have the administrative privilages also.I should now raise the message with SAP support.Have done all the steps mentioned by you.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

it's a problem with your machine - please use the process outline below to investigate your infrastructure problem

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

how about your install logs?

or the win event viewers entries ?

0 Kudos

Dear Henry,

It showing in the event viewer ,not even the error.The other point which you mentioned can you please let me know how to use that ProcMon / RegMon.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

because it is a window installer failing on a windows o/s, the related resource page belongs to MS:  Sysinternals Process Utilities    . let's be clear, this is an IT infrastructure investigation  (desktop installation routines) where some application knowledge would be required.

regards.

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

The number Tammy supplied, is correct. +1-855-558-6472