cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry Module level transmit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using SAP CRM Service manager and created a new module for some custom functionality. Now when I do a transmit on client, it is executing fetches from both modules everytime. But we are trying to limit the transmit to respective module level fetch, because the user base is different for different modules.

How can this be configured in agentry? Is it possible to limit transmit at module level?

Regards,

Narasimha

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill and Resmi for your suggestions.

I will check the suggested approaches and get back.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill,Stephen and Sravanthi for your responses.

I disabled the main fetch checkbox and added module level fetches as Transmit actions. INow the fetches are working at module level, but as stephen mentioned when I login to client for the first time or after client reset, fetches are not retrieving any data from backend. I had to do the transmit in each module to have data on mobile.

Is there a way to avoid this? And is it only for first time transmit? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the first transmit (and change users), only Main Fetches are ran, as there are none checked you have to wait until the Transmit action with Fetches are ran to get it.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stephen.

In case of different modules, how do we configure module level visibility to users? Like enabling a specific module only to a certain group/role of users?

Thanks for your support.

Narasimha.

0 Kudos

This can be achived by config panel security settings, where you could set the user role or authorization on the security setting in the relevant class handler.

Thanks

Resmi

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Narasimha,

Within Agentry there is no way to hide a module.   All the modules will display for all users.  What we have done in the past sometimes is create a special screen in the Main Screenset that is enabled by a rule when the user is not authorized to use that module to inform them they don't have the correct permissions and to select a different module.  you can also include some navigation links to make it easy to switch to a different module.  You would also add enable rules to the rest of the screens in the main screenset to enable them only when the correct security applies.

--Bill

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can restrict the fetches to be run in fetch definition.If there are two modules in an application,in order to view a specific module data,view option is used in ate.View option shows the modules defined in your application.Hope this may be your requirement

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

Former Member
0 Kudos

If a Fetch is tagged as a "Main Fetch" it will run for every transmit.  What you can do is uncheck the Main Fetch, and ass the Fetch to the Transmit Action Step.   But this will also make it so the Fetches are not ran ont the first transmit and the users will have to do a second transmit for the transmit to call the correct fetches.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Narasimha,

Fetches that are marked as Main Fetch will execute each transmit.

If you want to control what fetches run you will need different transmit actions and on the Transmit Action step you can then specify exactly which fetches should execute during that transmit.  You can also control the sequence they execute in on the Transmit step as well.

--Bill