cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find out value of a shipment in SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

If I want to view the "value" of a delivery document, what are my options?  From what I understand:

1) Go back to Sales Order and find value.  This can be tedious as if SO has 100 items and delivery only has 50, it would be a pain to have to find and add vales of each line item that is being delivered

2)  Create a pro-forma invoice. However, this can't be created, at least the way it is setup as of now, if PGI has not been done?

So, if i want to see what is the value of a current delivery document - how can I see??

Thanks,

Akshat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

UmeshYadav
Participant

Hi Akshat,

In most of the business scenarios we don't control pricing in deliveries.However in some cases we do need it. So unless you have assigned pricing procedure to deliveries, i dont think you can view the item prices in delivery documents.

So, mate you have to continue to check item prices either in sales order or billing document..

Thanks,

Umesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Askhat,

I would recommend you to make us of SAP Querry (SQVI) and develop a small report. But this is altogether new transaction and see the total value of delivery based on the querry developed. This would be simple step to see the total value of delivery.

Else you can use do a small enhancement in delivery (Example a field with Total Value) to update the Total value  (Values as per your requirement) of the delivery.

Regards

Murali

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Akshat

Why you want this, as if you are creating invoice you will be able to see value? Your requirement is not clear.

You may create simple SAP query  T Code 'SQVI'.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my company, when someone from Shipping is doing PGI, he/she may receive an error saying that "credit limit has exceeded." In this case, the person would email Accounting for release - Accounting would need to know the value of the delivery though - so what should I propose to Accounting?  How can they know the value of the delivery?

Does this make sense?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once you execute VF04, system would populate all deliveries that are PGId but here, system won't populate the value though you would have selected from the field selection option.  In order to show the invoice value to the extent of PGId, in VF04, carry out the coding corrections as recommended in the following note

• Note 505386 - No display of net values and currencies in VF04

so that the Finance department can check the delivery (invoice) value via VF04

G. Lakshmipathi

UmeshYadav
Participant
0 Kudos

Akshat,

While releasing the document via VKM3/VKM4, there is column called "Net Value" against each document. why can't they check the values of each document over there and then release it.

Thanks,

Umesh    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Umesh, VKM3/VKM4 provide a list of sales orders, correct? (I may be wrong.)  In my case, Accounting would need the value of the DELIVERY document.  I believe the credit check is run during PGI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just checked VKM4 and you can in fact see both sales orders and deliveries.  However, for deliveries, the net value column is always 0 - which makes sense since delivery documents don't really have a "value."

Also, I was mistaken - we have credit check that runs at both the sales order and PGI level.

Anyway, the issue still remains unsolved - how can Accounting know how much a delivery is worth? it would need this information before releasing correct??

UmeshYadav
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Akhshat,

After going through all the discussions, if  you don't want to go for any enhancements to pull down the net value in delivery document, alternatively you can do the following to know the net value of Delivery document which is not billed.

In VKM4, document displayed is the delivery document and in the output section, there is a column name"Credit value" and the value displayed in this section is as follows:

Credit value

Specifies the value of the open items.

In the order, this value is

• the quantity not yet delivered
  • the quantity not yet billed

In the delivery, this value is

• the quantity not yet billed

Examples

Order

Item    Quantity   Price
10      10 PC     10 * $10 = $100

In a schedule line, 6 pieces have been delivered. In another schedule line, 4 pieces are still open.

Credit value = 4 * $10 = $40

Delivery for the first schedule line

Item        Quantity
10          6 PC

This item has not yet been billed.

Credit value = 6 * $10 = $60.

Hope, it suits your scenario and you can ask your accounting team to look this section for the net value of the delivery document. Suggest you to please test your cases before advicing.

Thanks,

Umesh

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Akshat,

In this case simplest way as I suggested create one query and join related table to get value in report.

Regards

Neeraj