Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes Not reflecting in NWBC client

ashish_sachdeva
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have done some changes to add an Application in ESS Launchpad  which is working fine when launched from NWBC for HTML

Link in NWBC for HTML :

When same link is accessed from NWBC Client changes are not reflected. we are using NWBC 4.0 PL9 and we have cleared all the cahce in Extended support .

Link in NWBC Client:

Any input is welcome, I have searched all the usual places however havn't been able to find anything helpful on this particular issue.

Best Regards,

Ashish Sachdeva    

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ashish_sachdeva
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Thanks for help

we have resolved our issue by clearing cache using report NWBC_DELETE_MENU_CACHE.

Brs,

Ashish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which link do you mean? The ESS menu is dynamic based on the used PFCG role and linked personnel number, adjustment reasons, etc. See the HRESS_MENU BAdI for details. That said, the end result should always be the same regardless if you are using NWBC for HTML or NWBC for Desktop. My guess would be that something is different, the used PFCG role, client accessed, user used to access the system, etc.

former_member182468
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Thanks for your inputs. We would check on the pointers mentioned by you.

I am working with Ashish on the same issue. The link Ashish is referring here is the Open enrollment link  under benefits.

The link appears automatically if we maintain adjustment reason in 0378.

It is appearing in NWBC for HTML but not for desktop client when we login with the same userid.

We are experincing this almost all are test users in the development and quality systems.

Thanks,
Sahiba    

Message was edited by: Sahiba Gandhi- 8/21/2014 To check the cache thing , I just made a quick test. My test user for which Open enrollment link was not appearing was earlier mapped to some user say XYZ at 105/001. I got a new userid created say ABC and mapped at 105/001 for the same test pernr and I am able to see the Open Enrollment link now. I am quite sure now that it has to do with some Cache refresh at user level. Any inputs are highly appreciated. Thanks, Sahiba

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case of Benefits and especially Open Enrollment BAdI HRESS_BENEFITS_AREA_PAGE is relevant. Debug methods CHECK_ENABLED and CHECK_ISVISIBLE of ABAP class CL_HRESS_BEN_AREA_PAGE_MENU for further troubleshooting.

ashish_sachdeva
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Thanks for your Reply!

we are running NWBC for the same user on Same client and role accessed is also same but mode of access is only different

As mentioned by sahiba, changes are reflecting for new user-ID but not for existing ID's we have also cleared cache in Extended support of NWBC but result is same .

Brs,

Ashish

ashish_sachdeva
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

we have done the debugging of BADI HRESS_BENEFITS_AREA_PAGE and value CV_ISVISIBLE is 'X' in case of NWBC for HTML while in case of NWBC Client Debugger is not launched.

Brs,

Ashish