cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workforce Planning for Partially Confirmed Activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have recently configured Workforce planning for one of the clients, and it has been working as per the requirement. Here, I have configured Workforce Planning profile and Scheduling parameters of Network. So, once a Project and a Network is created, User plans Personnel for this Network's activity using CMP2. Also, CATS profile is maintained in such a way that Worklist shows the Planned hours and accordingly a person can book Time against it.

Now, the problem arises after a Personnel assigned to an activity books the Timesheet. Once a Person books time against this particular Activity, it gets disappeared from CMP2 screen. Now, practical implications are that, suppose that person goes for a leave or leaves the organization and PM wants to assign another person for the same Activity (which is partially confirmed).

How can we address this issue - to perform workforce planning for Partially Confirmed activities?

Any pointers to User Exits, BADIs, BAPIs or SAP Notes are highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Generally only CNF activities dont appear in CMP2. But as you said status is PCNF then you need to check following:

1. The resources are assigned to work center mentioned in that activity.

2.Check that activity is not TECOed and you can still see the remaining work under under person assignment tab of activity.

3.Make sure that 'other formula' field has formula enter in there.

4.Make sure ,no any user-exit  is in place which is probably restricting some data to be displayed for workforce planning.

Above are just few pointers which you need to check and test in your system, kindly check.

Regards

Saurabh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

in standard system you can define two resource in CMP2 but you have to check parameter for resource availability then let say any activity is for 8 hours but due to some reason first resource can work for 4 hours then you can assign 2nd person to complete the task so activity to be performed for 4 house so you can set PCNF status for this activity.

then assign other resource system will check availability for other resource and allow to assignment accordingly.

Here i think no need to any user exit & BADIs

Regards,

Sanjeev 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Thanks for your feedback.

In CMP2, we are already checking the activity work hours. According to that only we are adding resource, then checking that resource's availability and then assigning work.

As an example, activity work duration is from 20.08.2014 to 30.09.2014. I assigned a resource A from 20.08.2014 to 30.09.2014 for 8 hours because he is available in that duration.

Now, the real problem comes when this resource is suddenly unavailable (due to any reason) and PM comes to know about this on 07.09.2014. Resource A has already booked Timesheet for the duration he has worked (20.08 to 06.09). So activity is PCNF.

So PM wants to reduce the Work assignment for Resource A from 30.09.2014 to 06.09.2014 and assign Resource B from 07.09.2014 to 30.09.2014, but he is unable to get this activity in CMP2 view because it is PCNF. Here PM can only see activities of same project which are in REL status.

So how can I enable this PCNF activity in CMP2 view.

If there is any IMG activity settings, then let me know.

If this is standard behavior and can be done through User Exit/BADI/BAPI then also let me know.

Message was edited by: Aditya Kotak

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Not sure but check BS22 transaction whether is PCNF is active what business transaction should allow by system.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

It seems Business Transaction RKP2 was missing.

I added that in addition with Saurabh's comment of adding Additional formula.

So now working fine.

Thanks for the help.