cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retract data from BPC10 to ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We are attempting to retract data from netweaver BPC 10.0 to ECC.  We have followed the how to guide (How To... Retract data from BPC 7.5 NetWeaver to SAP ERP Cost Center Accounting,)  which details steps for version 7.5. We have replaced all new interfaces for BPC10 in BI  methods of Superclass retraction class and also we  have updated READ_TRANS_DATA to use the new API for reading transaction data. When we run from Data Manager->Run package it gave me error message:Failed to get the parameter of &Application_Name& model. When we are debugging the code it show me an exception CX_RSD_IOBJ_NOT_FOUND occurred in function UJN_API_GET_CUBE_DETAIL. please share me the steps and if any coding you have updated for retraction. I have attached text document what i have done code changes to ZCL_BPC_RTRCT_SUPERCLASS in this SCN thread.

Thank you very much

Venkata

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I am able to successfully retract cost center data from SAP BPC 10 TO ECC.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkata

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you be able ? Do you follow the instruction in the How to and used the correction in your ZIP FILE code change ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fredrick,

I have followed instructions in How to Guide and did code changes; achieved it.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkata Vinodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the follow up in summary

1-HTG guide

2-Code in your ZIP file

And it's working ?

How long to do that approx ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederick,

To complete the task it will take approximately 1 week to 2 weeks. I am attaching changed code to this mail. Have a look into it. All the best for implementation.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkata Vinodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata:

I understand that you made changes to the source code (which you just shared in this post) and the package is working fine....I just wonder about the estimation you mention for completing this task: 1 or 2 weeks for an abap consultant? is that hard?

regards

mah

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

john_lee7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

You stated that you were able to debug the class/method.
How did you do it?
I set the breakpoint in method (both session break and external break), but when I set off the process from BPP, it never stop at the breakpoint.

I am trying to look what data is coming into method "IF_UJD_RETRACT~RETRACT".

Thanks for any help you can give.

John Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

You can follow the below steps :

Debugging Data Manager Packages

1. Log into SAPGUI with your BW debug user.
  2. Go to transaction SE80
  3. Navigate to the class CL_UJXD_PACKAGES_RES (under package UJX, embedded package UJXD).
  4. Go to line 179 of the DO_POST method and set an external breakpoint.
  5. Switch to the BPC client and execute the data manager package you want to debug.
  6. This will launch a SAPGUI debugger
  7. Double click on the ‘ls_package_run-if_debug’ exporting parameter and set its value to true (represented by the character X).
  8. You can then continue to any downstream external breakpoints you already set (for instance, in your BAdi) or can step through the code line by line.

Thanks,

Muneendra

john_lee7
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for detail information.

Since I am asking, I have one more question relate to retract data from BPC to ECC.

In BPC 7.5, it asked to create a application parameter keyed: POSTPRIMCOST_ERP_DEST.

It looks like I need in class method.

Instruction shows how to set this up for version 7.5.

How do I set this up in version 10.0?

Thanks again.

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

For your reference i am attaching screenshots having data for IR_DATA and

PO_APP_DATA  during  runtime generated  in the program which is given as input to BAPI in the program.

All the Best.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkata Kotha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

I am facing some exception issues when populating the bapi structure.

*     POPULATE BAPI STRUCTURES

call method me->populate_bapi_struct

exporting

ir_data = po_app_data.

I am getting an exception when this method is called. Please check and let me know if any other changes need to be done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muni Indra,

First check the following data:

* In this example BADI, the following fields are relevant for the BAPI Structure:
*Cost Element, Cost Center, Activity Type, Transaction Currency,and Fiscal Period

So in BPC the retraction model which you are using must have only the above dimensions i.e,Cost Element, Cost Center, Activity Type, Transaction Currency,and Fiscal Period.If your retraction model has more or less dimensions than above dimensions might be it is according to your business requirement then exception will occur. Please debug the method populate_bapi_struct and let me know what is the exact exception you are facing.

PO_APP_DATA  during  runtime generated  in the program which is given as input to BAPI in the program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

I have done necessary changes as per the requirement and it is working fine.

However, when there are multiple records and there is an error even in one single record, the system raises exception and you will  get error in BPC " Error Found in system".

How will the BPC system know which data went to error. Please let me know if there is any other way to overcome this.

Thanks,

Muneendra A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muni Indra,

please provide the example for your problem for multiple records and for one single record.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkata Vinodh Kotha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

All the Best.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkata Kotha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

For your first question following is the answer:

According to how to guide (How To... Retract data from BPC 7.5 NetWeaver to SAP ERP Cost Center Accounting,)

IMPORTANT NOTES for this How To Guide:

1. This guide only supports Periodic measures on a Periodic BPC Application
  2. This guide only supports retraction of one year’s data from a single controlling area and into one SAP ERP planning version
  3. This guide only shows an example of posting primary costs to Cost Center Planning within SAP ERP. In order to do more complex retraction scenarios you will need to evaluate your BPC data model and how it can be designed for mapping back to the ERP module of your choice.
  4. This paper assumes that in your BPC model you are explicitly budgeting by Activity Type. If you don’t plan by Activity Type you can set up a dummy one in ERP.

5.   If you have modeled your BPC data on a higher level summary account then you will   need to handle the disaggregation logic yourself in the BAdI so that it appropriately matches up with the detailed accounts within SAP ERP.

Please understand the IMPORTANT NOTES in the point no:3 SAP have mentioned clearly they have given standard example of  posting primary costs to Cost Center Planning within SAP ERP. Means in ECC source system side in transaction KP07 following is the screen shot:

KP07 has fields Version, From Period, To Period, Fiscal year,Cost Center, Activity Type, Cost Element. So, BAPI used in this program

*     Call the ERP BAPI for Posting Primary Costs

call function 'BAPI_COSTACTPLN_POSTPRIMCOST'

BAPI has only those fields in ECC KP07 T-code. Because only this BAPI updating Post Primary Costs table in ECC(source system) from BPC.

So you must have same number and same type of dimensions in your model as specified in How to Guide Documentation. Then only IR_DATA filled with values and send to BAPI; from there BAPI update source system ECC.

If you have more dimensions in your model then according to How to Guide Documentation IMPORTANT NOTES in the point no:3;then this case is consider as complex retraction scenario;you will need to evaluate your BPC data model and how it can be designed for mapping back to the ERP module of your choice.

For your second question following is the answer:

In the transformation file no need to do anything in the section mapping. Because according to How To Guide documentation SAP mentioned:Leave everything AS IS and click "Validate and save transformation definitions" . I  followed the documentation nothing mapped in the section mapping of Transformation file. Retraction process done successfully. Following is the screen shot of transformation file which i have created:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

While running the Data Manager Package from BPC you have to provide input; So according to that BAPI stores values in ECC 6.0. So you have to think for which year; you want to post cost center data to ECC and then hotcode that year in method CREATE_HEADERINFO. See attached screen shot you have to provide input year that is dynamic from BPC while running Data Manager Package. Same year you have to hotcode in CREATE_HEADERINFO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're able to run the package We have an issue. In the selection I have DATATYPE if I put ALL I have in the table result only for DATATYPE.RATE but in BPC table I have value for DOLLAR,VOLUME do you know why I have result for RATE and nothing for Dollars, If I put Dollars I have no value IR_DATA of method RETRACT is empty

We have more dimension than they have in the documentation do we need to do something special in this case ?

OTHER QUESTION the transformation file do I need to do something in the section mapping ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi when We try to import the transport in the HTG

How can we change that ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

Don't worry the syntax errors are valid because we are doing retraction in BPC10.0 but code is for BPC 7.5. Interfaces changed from BPC 7.5 to BPC 10.0. I have attached modified source code which is working fine that is retraction process is successfully done from BPC 10.0 to Source system ECC 6.0. So do the code changes exactely what i have done then it works.

You can refer attached working retraction code in the thread: on Feb 07 2015 and also interface changes from BPC 7.5 to BPC 10.0 in following URL:http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/702bf959-c89a-3010-aeb0-b43a4bfd8...

Thanks and Regards,

Venkata Vinodh Kotha

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Venkata

I see in your code Fiscal year hardcoded is it a way to avoid the harcoding ? In point 12 Method Create_headerinfo. Can you used something from BPC ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

In the example source code Appendix B - if_ujd_retract~retract method SAP mentioned that :

*     Check that the data passed in is within one year... if not issue an error -

*     This retraction badi does not support more than one year at a time...

*     Check the controlling area... If more than one co area is passed in, issue an error.

*     This retraction badi does not support more than one controlling area at a time...

While running the Data Manager Package from BPC you have to provide input; So according to that BAPI stores values in ECC 6.0. So you have to think for which year; you want to post cost center data to ECC and then hotcode that year in method CREATE_HEADERINFO. See attached screen shot you have to provide input year that is dynamic from BPC while running Data Manager Package. Same year you have to hotcode in CREATE_HEADERINFO.

If you have any doubt you can feel free to message me. All the Best.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

In the example source code Appendix B - if_ujd_retract~retract method SAP mentioned that :

*     Check that the data passed in is within one year... if not issue an error -

*     This retraction badi does not support more than one year at a time...

*     Check the controlling area... If more than one co area is passed in, issue an error.

*     This retraction badi does not support more than one controlling area at a time...

While running the Data Manager Package from BPC you have to provide input; So according to that BAPI stores values in ECC 6.0. So you have to think for which year; you want to post cost center data to ECC and then hotcode that year in method CREATE_HEADERINFO. See attached screen shot you have to provide input year that is dynamic from BPC while running Data Manager Package see in the thread: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3606196

. Same year you have to hotcode in CREATE_HEADERINFO.

If you have any doubt you can feel free to message me. All the Best.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkata