Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View - Layout Problem

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I had created a transparent container TC_ZZPLANT. Within that container was one label LBL_ZZPLANT and one input field INP_ZZPLANT.

I had created the above UI elements on three different views, each belonging to three different components.

Later, I removed the label and the input field from my container TC_ZZPLANT. and placed them under the root container. Then I deleted TC_ZZPLANT.

It worked perfectly fine on two of the three views. But on the third view, the container did not get deleted. Only a cross was marked against its name.

Moreover, the proprties of the container also cannot be changed. It is only in display mode.

When I check the view, I get the following error: <b>The container "TC_ZZPLANT" does not contain a layout manager</b>

However, I activated it forcefully.

Now the real problem, when I try to open the view in SE80, I get a dump <b>"Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible"</b>

This happens because: the reference of TC_ZZPLANT is not found in CREATE_ADAPTER_BY_ELEMENT method of CL_WDR_VD_ADAPTER class.

I am just not able to open the view in SE80.

Pl guide as to how can I resolve this problem.

Regards,

Reema.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It was simple. The view was not opening because the reference of the object that was not properly deleted was not being found in the method create_adapter_by_element of CL_WDR_VD_ADAPTER class.

Hence the UI element could not be rendered on the view.

Simple, I opened another view in the same component. Hid the layout preview using the "Show/Hide Layout Preview" button and opened the view. From the Root UI elements container, I deleted the faulty UI element.

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have closed the session.

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reema,

If you closed your workbench while some processing takes place, or stops the transaction the component doesn't save properly.

as you can see all the classes that WD framework generates are dynamic.

It stores the metadata corresponding to your application in tables.

If any other session is still open in SE80 showing your applicaiton you can check

the syntax and try to activate.

if you lost the session then i don't think you can solve this error.

Experts can through a light on this behaviour?

Regards

Abhimanyu L