cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Webdypro Java application by default

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is that possible to run a Webdynpro Java application by default when User logs into Portal?

Actual requirement is that we need to assign Users with different ume groups once User login to portal depending on some User attributes.

I am thinking adding the developed WD application to default frame work page will that work?

Many Thanks

Chandra.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

daniel_ruiz2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, that works.. just set the default iView on the Portal to be the one assigned to display your WDJ Application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Thank You for the reply.

I am looking for a way to run the wd-java application in the back ground when User logs into portal with out any user interaction.

Many Thanks

Chandra

daniel_ruiz2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I'll be a bit intrusive, but you dont want to run the wdj in the background.. you actually need to do something that is inside the wdj execute when you login.

First, you need to get the functionally or business logic out of wdj into a more suitable jee technology (perhaps a mbean or ejb) and trigger a scheduled task uppon login.

Hope this helps to clarify your actual requirement

D.

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could just insert an invisible wd4j app on the startpage which is shown after login. There you could excute code in the wdDoInit. I do similar with the uwl. I have added a invisible wd4j app which does an auto refresh on the UWL to get "realtime" refresh.

Regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Thank You for the reply.

Hi Tobias ,

Thank You for the reply.

invisible wd4j app means?

Actually we want to assign some UME groups to the User dynamically when User logs into the Portal.

eg : if User belongs to department1 assign UMEgroup1.

if User belongs to department2 assign UMEgroup2.

So as you mentioned above, adding the code to wddoinit method followed by creating a Webdynpro application and adding this wd iview to Default frame work page with visibility property unchecked will run the code?

Many Thanks

Chandra

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, i think the property has to stay on visibile that the WD gets initialized but you would create an empty view in the wd4j project and set it to default for your app. Then add the app to the page and set it to 1px and remove all tray visibilities etc. in the properties. This will be invisible to the enduser without using some web developer tools. Then the user could find the layer of the app ofc. But i think that should be no problem.

Regards,

Tobias

daniel_ruiz2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"So as you mentioned above, adding the code to wddoinit method followed by creating a Webdynpro application and adding this wd iview to Default frame work page with visibility property unchecked will run the code?"

That won't guarantee the code will run uppon login, as the User can probably navigate away before the wdDoInit() is executed (in fact, even before the wdj container is loaded).

D.

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where should he navigate when he gets the group / roles assigned after the execution of the WD?

But anyway isn't it better to check the attributes on creation of the user and set the roles? Are those plain UME user or synched with an LDAP? If they are UME you could create a WD app for creating user (with UME-API) which would check attributes and assigne the groups on creation.

Regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

User base is LDAP and we use User admin in Portal for only assigning portal roles to LDAP groups.

We are planning to implement Company concept mentioned in Uwl people picker enhancement wiki.

Enhancements to the Universal Worklist People Picker - Business Process Expert - SCN Wiki

So for enabling this functionality, we can't find a standard way for assigning LDAP users to UME company groups.

So we are thinking of this alternative. Please let me know if you have any other ideas.

Many thanks

Chandra

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

You can always modify the login page. So, when a user logs into a page, you can write custom code to be implemented - jspDynPage for login is modified.

Now, to implement sync between UME and Corporate LDAP, you could have a scheduled program in background(Java Scheduler) which runs everyday to sync the UEM data with LDAP data.

Now the tricky part. To trigger a background process as and when the user is managed in UME we need to find a way to alter the standard UME page. Not so sure if SAP allows us to do it.

Simplest option, alter the login page. On the first time login(something your code should be able to determine), call the Java EJB/web service which will send this data to your LDAP.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You all for the valuable suggestions. I will try all the possible options mentioned aboveand get back to you all.

many Thanks

Chandra.