cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of Inspection Results?

0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Could we transfer the Inspection results from one sap system to other sap system?

Please let me know.

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

May i know one thing why you want to transfer the inspection results from one SAP system to another SAP system ?

Secondly, you want to transfer result data within same system landscape ?

thirdly, is your requirement like you are gng for  recording result suppose in QUALITY client and same time you want those results update somewhere in PRD client ?

Just clear your question !

Regards

0 Kudos

Thanks Shaileder for your response, The necessity is customer gives order to System A(SAP) and inturn System A gives order to System B(SAP) for produciton. System B produces and do the inspection and delivers to System A. System A delviers to customer , but while giving delviery to customer they need to provide the results to customer which they dont have in their sap since Results were in system B.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Literally i didnt get abt system A and system B. What exactly they are ?

In SAP, you have DEV /BQA & PRD system as landscape. Now, A & B both are PRD servers ?

or where is located and where B is located ?

Result transfer is only possible if both inspection lots or batches are in same environment or in same system landscape.

If you talking about result transfer b/w two PRD servers then it is only possible by using some third party integration where third party pull out the results based on batch or inspection lot and transfer the same to another server inspection lot.

if you talking abt result transfer b/w one client to another client suppose in BQA you have two clients A(100) and B (101) then again you need a technical development of copying the results.

if you talking abt result transfer b/w one inspection lot to another or one batch to another then yes it is very well possible but it should be within the same client either A or B.

So i just want to know, what exactly meant for two SAP system in your case ?

Regards

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you are talking about a type of system where you have several worldwide SAP production platforms.  I.e. a North American system, a European system and an Asia-pacific system.  Material is produced in the North American system and is shipped to an EU plant for further processing, (say packaging and labelling per EU requirements and an EU COA).

You could do this by creating a GR in the recieving system and creating an inspection lot into which some one types in the test resutls from the US provided COA which then transfer to the batch record.

You probably want to have this automated.

It's very hard to give you an absolute solution without really knowing some of the inner workings of your business and how your systems and people operate.

The easiest thing to probably do is create a batch job that runs each night that looks at delvieries PGI'ed for the day and looks at customer number.  If the customer is sister plant, the batch job writes out the batch resutls into a flat file that is sent to the appropriate SAP system, (i.e. EU or AP).  In those systems another batch job runs an hour later and picks up the flat file and creates the aprpopriate batch and records in the values for the characteristics.

The issue of doing this is not usually technical.  There are BAPI's available for getting the batch data, and also to update batch data.  First you have to define how the file is formatted and sent.  Probably an XML style file.

The hard part will be keeping the master data in sync.  You'll probably need to create some look up tables to map NA material number to the EU material and vice-versa.  You also may need to map the characteristics to each other unless you have all the characteristics named the same across all platforms, (doutbful).

As an alternative to Z-tables for this data, you can use classification.  In the 001 material class for the materials add characteristics  NA_MTRL_NUM, EU_MTRL_NUM, AP_MTRL_NUM.  Then maintain the respective values in each material master.

You can also use classification of the characteristics.  Create a class of 012 class type and assign to your batch characteric in CT04.  In the class add charcteristics NA_CHARAC, EU_CHARAC, AP_CHARAC.  Maintain the respective values for each characteristic.  (You can do the same with MIC's if you want to do this for MIC's instead, class type 005)

Now when the transferred file is received in you can find the matching material numbers and matching characteristic, (or MIC),  via searching the classification.  (i.e. CL30n).

The batch job can now create the batch and update the values.  Or it can create a manual 89 inspection lot and record the values against the MIC's.  I'd use a special inspection type for that.  Then you can use the Auto UD to process the lots, or have someone manually process the UD.

Craig

0 Kudos

Thanks Shailender for the response, It it two prodocution SAP systems.

0 Kudos

you are right Craig, It is two different production SAP systems.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this should be possible using RFCs. Good techincal consultant can help out better in this regard.

From functional aspects I can say there should be some similarity between 2 inspection lots to transfer the results from one to another. For example, sequence of operations and MIC, control indicators of MIC. These checks are very important otherwise there could be mismatch of transferred results. You may use standard BAPI for recording results.

Anand