Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send an E-mail notification Everytime a Control is Run in a Job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What we need:

We need the system to send e-mails every time a control is used in a job.

Example:

The job with the control is scheduled to run every morning and evening. When it's run in the morning, an e-mail should be sent to the control owners. When it's run in the evening, another e-mail should be sent to the control owners.

The current status:

Control owners are only getting an e-mail once per day. The messaging for the two jobs for a single control are being sent as one e-mail.

Additional Details:

Depending on the control, the user will get an e-mail notification either once per day, or everytime the job for the control is run. And some of these have to be run twice a day, or when the control owner requires it.

It seems the two executions are being treated as a single work item, since they share the same control.

Does someone have any information on what we can do? Or has someone done this before and can assist us?

Best Regards,

Raphael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't know if still relevant but I had kind of similar PC business scenario. Way i solved it was to make control specific SM36 jobs (some having multiple control report steps in them).

For most we have multiple control owners so in stcode SBWP i created email distribution lists and then in SM36 when defining the jobs I included those in the spool recipient list which will send out its data once the job was finished.

Pretty much generic background job functionality but useful for PC as well. Now we are here on 10.1 SP6 and i could not find any other standard PC functions that quickly which do likewise.

The above is OK for the moment with us but will not cater for more complex PC control sequences. I know that from within BRF+ you can also send out conditioned emails so that's where i'll focus on myself once time permits.

All the best,

George

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raphael,

which program/job did you schedule?

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

Do you mean the program that we scheduled for sending the e-mails?

We are currently using GRPC_WF_NOTIFICATION program to send the e-mails. It executes once a day.

We've been looking for a way to configure it to run according to the control owners requirements, but have not been successful.

Best Regards,

Raphael

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raphael,

I am sorry - it's about Process Control so I can't help. Please wait for feedback from a PC expert.

Hope someone can help you.

Best regards,

Alessandro