cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mixed Storage and Adding to Stock consideration of other Quant criteria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two concepts below which I am not 100% very sure and would like to seek your answer.

1. Mixed Storage Indicator;

In the SAP help portal it said if I indicates “X” in this indicator, it means s
    everal material numbers as well as different batches may exist in the storage bin and in individual storage units (if there is storage unit configuration).

Question: what about other quant splitting criteria, like special stock, stock category? Does it consider those two criteria as well?

2. Addition to Existing Stock Indicator;

In the SAP help portal it said
    if I indicates “X” in this indicator, a quant of a particular material and a particular batch can be placed into storage in an existing storage bin which already stored the same material and the same batch.

Question: what about other quant splitting criteria, like special stock, stock category? Does it consider those two criteria as well?

Regards,
Tuffy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

it will consider other Quant splitting criteria as well

Quant is a combination of  Plant / Material number / Batch number / Stock category / Special stock indicator and number in both the case  Mixed Storage Indicator with setting 'X' and Addition to existing stock if any of the parameter is different from the existing Quant then system create another Quant for storage in the same Bin

e.g. Existing Quant

Material A, Batch B, Stock category - 'Q'

Incoming stock

Material A, Batch B, Stock Category  Q then system add the stock in the existing Quant

Material A, Batch B, Stock Category  S then system create a New Quant and store in the same bin or different based on your setting (Mixed storage)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

What if the following situation is like the following, do you think the question I asked is valid?

A GR shipment with the following stock quantities are putaway into the warehouse:

Please see the situation below if the Mixed storage and Addition To stock are flagged as X.

Question 1 - Can you tell me if the “After” putaway figure on the right is correct?

Question 2
- Now if you say correct, I would like to challenge it because if you base on the definition of "addition to stock"   (i.e. That a quant of a particular material and a particular batch can be placed into an existing storage bin containing the same material and the same batch as an addition to existing stock.). Hence, it doesn't seem correct because BEFORE the putaway, the situation in the original storage bin had already contained a quant criteria which is different to box 2 to box 6.?

Regards,

Tuff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1) Mixed Storage Indicator

With this indicator you can store multiple materials in same bin, system creates quants based on standard criteria i.e. material no, GR date, stock type, special stock etc. and then stock removal occurs based on quant

2) Addition to Existing Stock Indicator;

with this check box, system will add the material to existing stock and new quant will not be created, but with this check box you loss the last GR date, as in quant latest GR date will be updated

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Question 1 - Can you tell me if the “After” putaway figure on the right is correct? - Yes the figure is correct.

Question 2 : you are receiving a shipment of material 900001 / plant 1000 / SLoc- 1001/  Batch S100. As per the mixed storage and Addition to existing stock system goes and check whether any existing Quant is there or not for the same combination and it is match with the BOX1 hence it is updating the quant with another 300 and stock become 400  pc

Before GR

After GR

To understand more in detail. Let all the parameter remain same and just change the Special stock for the incoming load and you will find that system will create a separate Quant for the same

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

The follwoing is my finding and can you please help verify if it is true. as I do not have SAP system to test out lately.

In another word, when come to stock putaway and if the “addition To stock” is “X”, R/3 will fulfil the statement (i.e. That a quant of a particular material and a particular batch can be placed into an existing storage bin containing the same material and the same batch as an addition to existing stock).  That means even if the shipment consists of portion of the stock quantity with material and batch different to the existing bin (material + batch + other criteria), and, also if the shipment also consists of portion of stock quantity with material and batch similar to existing bin (material + batch + other criteria) << like the above example I have given>>, R/3 will put all the stock quantity in the shipment into the bin provided the MIXED STORAGE = “X”, and ADDITION TO EXISTING = “X”.

HOWEVER, if in a situation if the MIXED STORAGE = “BLANK”, and ADDITION TO EXISTING = “X”, then probably only the stock quantities on the shipment which exhibit same criteria (material + batch + other criteria) to the bin stock quantity will BE absorb into the bin. While the rest of the stock quantity (i.e. which does not exhibit the same material + batch + other quent splitting criteria) will not allow to put into this bin but R/3 will try find another storage bin for those stock quantities during Transfer Order creation (either foreground or background).

Tuff

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you are right, in the first scenario since mixed storage ='X' and addition to existing = 'X' system allows you to store incoming shipment into the same bin(with different Quant). even if you have the different Quant characteristic in between existing and incoming Load

in the second scenario only Addition to existing stock is "X" and mixing is not allowed hence system propose a separate bin if there is difference in Quant characteristic at the time of Transfer order creation (This search for empty bin will be based on the put away strategy)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

You are correct but let make it easy .

A )Mixed storage -

System will allow to store a different material in same bin and quant wil be created as per the standard    criteria i.e  Suppose you are doing GR for Mat A +quant creation criteria then it will check the existing quant in the bin and it founds any similar quant then it will added to the same quant and vice versa.

B)Addition to existing -

Here system will propose to add same material in one bin and here different materials are not allowed.

Quant will be created as per it's concept.

C) Mised storage + Addition to existing -

A + B i.e system will add different material in same bin and it will also propose the system to add the similar material in the bin by checking it's bin capacity .

Regards,

OM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

Quant is created for each Individual Material with also the considerations of the Quant characteristics like for Ex: Plant / Batch number / Stock category / Special stock indicator and number. So, suppose if the above mentioned characteristics are different for each individual material combination then system should create an Individual Quant for each combination of Unique characteristics.

Please refer the below link for your clear understanding:

The Quant and Stock Management in WM - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library

Regards,

Pavan