Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP91 View

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Need inputs from PS professionals, especially in DIP area.

I am trying explain the current setup, so that you experts can comment on approach too...

Acticity 1 (Internal), which have 5 Job codes (Activity type) A00001, A00002....etc, so i Put Activity 1 (Masterial 50), then listed out 5 job codes as Activity element under activity 1, now on DP91 screen i need to manually enter the price of every job code as per the customer agreement. Now when i run DP92 with "sales price" button, i could see Activity 1 (Material 'Survey"), then all the 5 activity element choose the same name ie Survey because in DIP i made a SET grouping all Activity types. Customer don't able to distinguish different job codes looking the DP91 sheet. Any one have suggestion on this regard...??  Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

DIP profile is configured with different characteristics which you can define to derive distinguished line items in DP91/DP92.

In your case, I understand that billing line items should be defined based on activity types. So, you can enable Activity type characteristics and in the material determination criteria you can define individual Activity type or Set of Activity types (defined in GS01).

Let us know if this helps.

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

Aditya

You picked my point almost correct, but a slight difference.. Below is the project structure

WOUS is an Internal Activity and they have 3 job codes Principal 1, Consultant 5 etc.. For the easiness of Confirming hours, i maintained the same as different Activity element under activity type. The SAP activity type for Principal 1 is A000011, Consultant 5 is A00012 and Tech 1 A00013. I made a set in GS1 and put material 41 in material determination too.

Below is DP91 screen, where every time manager want to put different quantity and price before generating DMR, the point is as highlighted in the screen, he can see 41 DEL-FLD DEL FLD (Delineation replicating 3 times, client want to display A00011, A00012 and A00013, because the rates are different for all. How can i distinguish those..?

I tried your suggestion, that actually give 3 line item under "Archeology Project" (i showed with blue marking.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Suresh,

I dont think it is possible to distinguish based on Activity type ... It may need development.

I would suggest you to go through configuration on DIR profile in details.

You can check below SAP notes

418240 - DP80/DP81/DP90/DP91: Texts in hierarchy not customizable

301117 - Enhanced documentation for dynamic item processor (DIP)

Regards

Tushar

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Tushar... even i think the same. It means those who are claiming should be careful with the activity type they are using for hour claiming, may be other status reports like CN48N help the individual hours claimed. ... Thanks for your input Tushar...

By the way i like to ask you one more question...?

On DP91 sheet i put 50% billable amount, then created DMR, the values are correct, HOW CAN I BILL THE REST 50%...? System not allowing me to create new DMR without confirming more hours on project...

Thanks Tushar.. hope you are in USA, just guessing through your respond time.. 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I think this is possible through standard settings only.

Let's track this from the beginning.

(1) You have selected characteristics Activity type for Character relevant, Material determination and No summarization.

(2) Then, in Sources, you have specified "0001 Actual line items" and under source criteria, you have mentioned Activity type as a Set of all Activity types (including Principal 1, Consultant 5, Technician 1 and any other used).

(3) You have created 3 different materials of type DIEN for Principal 1, Consultant 5 and Technician 1.

(4) Now you mention, let's say for Principal 1, you mention relevant material with no material direct, individual or conversion quantity selected.

(5) In Material determination for this Principal 1 material, you define single Activity type value in Value column.

(6) Repeat step 5 for other two materials also.

(7) Now, check in DP91 and you will find that you get 3 distinguished materials.

Hope this helps.

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

Aditya,

It is not working as expected, but i think i am very close.

While doing the set up as you said, i could see different material one each for each activity type, and the same reflecting in the DMR, but i want to display material 41 DEL-FLD DEL-FLD only in DMR. Now your solution perfectly working to my question, but it missing the main concept.

For my convenient i worked in equipment , please check the screen shot..

Taking the above screen shot , 3rd picture..

You can see material 41, then 3 other material with same name 41. Now the 3 high lighted 3 line items changes as you suggested, but the mail material 41 not appearing in DMR, it is appearing the other 3. You got any thought on this..?

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

Aditya, i hope you got a steady answer to my another discussion..Please help on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Like Activity type, there is a characteristic called Object. This object can be WBS or Network activity in our case.

As I understand your requirement, you want to 3 distinguished materials under a header (kind of), what you can do is that enable Object characteristic just like Activity type. In addition to that, enable Structuring for Object. Specify that Structuring level as 2. (This you can find if you scroll right on that characteristic screen).

Now, check consistency of your profile in ODP2L. Most of the the time, when you enable structuring, this step is required to be done. Try resolving any error if you encounter. Let us know for any difficulty.

So if this is configured correctly, you can see the Activity / WBS in DP91 and total of 120 against it. Under this object, you will see you 3 line items.

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

I am looking into other issues, i will reply you once i tested the same.... Thanks Aditya