cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to implement CTS+ for NON SAP system like VERTEX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Our Vertex developers have came up with a requirement, to explore whether CTS+ would be used for VERTEX O Series systems.

As far as my understanding goes about Vertex, its a web application which fetches TAX rates for different states of USA.

Our developers are not sure what kind of changes they will be making, and what kind of files will they be using to save changes.

But since they want to implement it, so exploring CTS+ possibility. We are also using RevTrac for Change Management.

We have used CTS+ for SAP BO, where CTS+ copies the change files from source system directory to target system directory. But I am not sure if similar approach could be used for Vertex O Series.

I would really appreciate if someone has explored this earlier or can guide on this.

Regards,

Puneet

SAP BASIS Consultant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm sure you could do this loose coupling by export the Vertex content and manually attaching it to the transport via the CTS+ web interface.

If close coupling is a requirement, then you would probably have to go with the 'file provider' option and have Vertex configured to be able to export the content along with interfacing with the CTS java side.

hans-dieter_frey
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Puneet,

CTS+ is an open Framework, so 'in principle' every kind of content supporting 'serialized export' (typically to a file) and automated import/deploy tools (typically with remoting support) can be integrated with CTS+ -if someone does the implementation part, as here for 'VERTEX content'. Basically this goes along the proposal from Billy, all the information to do this (also technical details, like interface descriptions) should be contained in SCN guide Implement CTS+ for Your Application.

BR,

Hans-Dieter