cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI Connection to Ariba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all!

Could anybody point to some step-by-step guide to configure SAP PI communication to Ariba. It seems impossible to find a sort of step-by-step guide: which steps are to be completed first, what are the pre-requisites, where is the information provided from. From example, do you have to Configure NetWeaver XI/PI before you can create and enable end points in Ariba? Do we use Web Dispatcher for file transfer as well as web services or just web services and file transfer is dealt with by the Ariba Integration Kit.

There is a lot of documentation out there on Ariba but I could not find a type of Summary document, step-by-step what needs to be done to achieve connectivity between SAP ERP using PI and Ariba.

I would greatly appreciate any help in pointing at helpful documents either on SDN, Ariba connect or SAP Market Place.

Many thanks,

EB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member220103
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Elisabeta,

Ariba delivers Netweaver Adapter and P2P solutions to connect SAP with Ariba.

Adapter is called AribaNetworkAdapterSAPNetweaver. You can use only this adapter to connect Ariba Network.

Step by Step process is:

1) Select the version which you would like to install and download the software packages 11s2, 12s2, CI-1, CI-2 or CI-3 from connect.ariba.com

2) Install the driver for ASN in SLD

3) Extract the repository objects and import into Enterprise Service Builder.

4) Run the Apply Model from ES repository to configure the Configuration Scenario / Integration Scenario.

5) Deploy the adapter in SAP PI and configure the receiver/sender communication channel with the respective AN IDs.

Please let me know if you still need any more info.

Thanks,

Kanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a few questions: are all these steps done in SAP PI? I only need to know what needs to be done in PI? The PI guys are asking for Ariba Server IP address, Ariba can't provide that so how do configure SAP PI to talk to Ariba?

You will have to bear with me as nobody here has done this before. When you say deploy the adapter do you mean Ariba Netwrok Adaptor for SAP NetWeaver PI? Is the file name something like this: 116308_122726_Ariba_P2P_SAP_Netweaver_Repository_12s2_HF12_Jun2014.zip

Thanks,

E

former_member220103
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, The steps mentioned above have to be performed in SAP PI.

Server IP will not be available instead you can use the URL which was shared at the time of subscription.

Yes. I am asking you to deploy the Ariba Network Adapter for SAP NetWeaver PI.

File Name would be like this: AribaNetworkAdapterSAPNetWeaver.sca

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Kanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you! I'll pass everything to the PI team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Unfortunately still not having all questions answered: to use Ariba Integration Toolkit with SAP NW PI Certificate and Key Pair have to be imported in a View in SAP NetWeaver PI Keystore. Ariba have provided the certificate but they say the client have to generate the Key whilst the PI team are saying Ariba have to provide the key.

Could anybody shed some light over this? It is getting really frustratiing.

Thank you in advance for your help.

EB

former_member220103
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, You have to create the key and install the certificate provided by Ariba in NWA.

Thanks,

Kanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am MM consultant and moving in a project where integration with Ariba is required.

i Am looking for some documentation that will help in configuring MM with Ariba.Will highly appreciate if

ssomeone could help me with that.

Thanks,

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please open a separate Discussion thread instead posting in an old one with below link.

http://scn.sap.com/community/post!input.jspa?containerType=14&container=2034&contentType=1

Regards,

Nabendu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ariba Connect is the best place for documentaion

https://connect.ariba.com/

AndreasMuno
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

SAP offers a rapid-deployment solution (RDS) on the SAP Service Marketplace. As an SAP customer or integrator, you can download the whole package right there, free of charge. It provides for step-by-step guidance on integrating SAP ERP and Ariba Network, with or without PI, based on IDOC or Business Suite Add-On. The latest version of the RDS even considers SAP HANA Cloud Integration (HCI) as middleware alternative to PI. Check it out and download at service.sap.com/rds-ariba.  

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the below blogs

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harish, appreciate the prompt response.

I have already seen these documents, unfortunately they don't provide the answers I need.

thanks,

E