cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas: is it possible to extend the Personas UI controls?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas experts,

Personas offers some UI controls, such as Transaction Button, Script Button, Label etc. But they are quite few. Can anyone help the following questions?

1: How to extend Personas to use more UI controls?

Would it be possible to add customised controls such as a dropdown list or combolist, or a clickable image tile in Personas? If so , how?

2. How to use the vaue of a text field in script?

Say, there is a text field which provide the user's input value, eg, 10. And there is an action script button which will lead to other screens based on the value of the text field given by the user. How can we handle such situation so we can go to the right screen? I mean how to use the value of the text field?

Thanks a lot!

Dong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dropdown lists are there already. Start by creating a text field and then convert it to a dropdown list (or a set of radio buttons) using this button: . A clickable image is also possible. Either add an image object and set its "PushOnClick" property to point to a script button, or add a script button and use the desired image as its icon.

It isn't possible to add new object types yourself. If there's anything you think is missing, mention it here and maybe somebody will be able to suggest a way of achieving what you are looking for.

You can use the value in text fields in IF conditions in a script to do different things depending on the fields value. See, for example, the first video demo in this blog - . There I have a Display button that calls one of three transactions depending on the type of cost collector. That's done with a script that looks like this:

Steps 11 and 13 push hidden script buttons that run transactions KS03 and KO03 respectively.

Does that help?

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Your answers are greatly appreciated! They are clear and I will try them. By the way, is there any document about how to understand and write the script for the script button (ie some kind of coding guideline)?

Thanks a lot!

Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are lots of examples here on SCN in this space. Browse the content here. There's no official programming as such, no.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Can you advise me how to set the property "PushOnClick" of an image control to point to a script button? Should the script button have an id first? What value should be used in the "PushOnClick" prop? Thanks.

Br,

Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

The value for the PushOnClick property on an image is the ObjectID of a Script button. So, first create a script button with a script that does what you need. Then, you can get the button's object ID from its properties pop-up. It is the string at the top that starts "Personas/..."

You can just click on that text to copy it to the clipboard, and then paste it into the PushOnClick property of the image. Like this:

Then clicking on the image will be just the same as clicking on the script button. Once you've done this, you can hide the script button since the user doesn't need to see it (unless you want it visible as well as the image, in which case, leave it).

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Super advice! Many thanks!

While I am having a major issue - when open the button property window (like yours above), no matter I click the text with left or right mouse button, no thing happened (ie cannot copy the id text to the clipboard for some reason), and I cannnot see the complete string so I cannot even manually enter the id. It shows "Silverlight" when I cilck the text with the right mouse button. Is there any Personas settings that I missed?  Thanks.

Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just clicking is enough to copy the whole ID. No need to select it and then copy.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks a lot. The copy/paste works now, thought it does it in an interesting way.

Br,

Dong

Answers (0)