cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas error: script button failed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas experts:

I added a script button which contains scripts to jump to some screen. For some reason, after some time trying other UI implementation, I got the following error when I click the script button again.

Does anyone know why and what went wrong and how to fix this? Thanks.

Br,

Dong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI:

Share my experience: for some reason, after some implementation, just restart Personas, the problem is likely gone.

Br,

Dong

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Read the message. It says that step 2 of the script failed, and it failed because it tried to access a screen control that doesn't exist.

There's no way to help any further without more information. Perhaps you could post your script? And also tell us what "trying other UI implementation" means.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Basically I am trying out to implement some simplified UI using Personas. What I did regarding the error case is: I added a script button based on a recording of actions, say, go to a project, and open a list of tasks. The button worked OK afterwards, ie, when I click the script button, UI jumps to the list directly. Then I tried to add more controls on my Personas screen, eg, load image, add texts etc. But the error was shown when I tried again to cilck the script button made before. All it should do is simply to jump to the list directly, but why did the script fail? Similar error happened before when I tried other things. Noticed that if I record the steps again and reload the new script, it will work again. I cannot see what is wrong in the scirpts.

Pls see the screenshot of the script button scripts below. Thanks.

Br,

Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is hard to say what the problem might be without more information. Which transaction? Which screen of that transaction? Is the screen in exactly the same state the second time as the first? Which control on the screen is step 2 referring to? Is it the same control as step 1? It is hard to tell as the names have been truncated - could you paste the full object ID into the reply here so we can see it all.

Steve.