cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of Step from hard weired template WS5310044

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to remove first Approal step (CR Step: Approve Change request) from template WS53100044 for MDGS.Is it possi\ble?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should not change WS5310044. This is a standard object and it will be considered a modification. You can copy it and edit the copy the way you like.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

Thank you!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I guess you are trying to reduce the number of routing levels within the process of change request / Master data object governance process.  If this is the case then it has nothing to do with the workflow , I mean there is no necissty of taking a copy of the workflow template or changing the worklfow template.

It is about modfying the number of steps defined in the Process modeling --> OTher MDG workflow  --> Define Change request steps. You have to reduce the number of steps defined here. 

If you took a copy and trying to modify the process then you are in the worng path.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan

No it is not possible as WS5310044 is hard wired workflow template and it is delivered by SAP which containes hard codeing of steps. We can not do it for Hard wired templates in Configuration. I tried it

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Yes you are correct, I checked the workflow template Got it, So you might be worried about the steps which are trying to set the status of CR as 1, 10, 9 etc... 

Have you found any work around other than taking a copy of the workflow and modifying it.

Regards

Pavan