cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility for the use of hard weired workflow template (WS5310044) in MDGM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My requirement is that we need to creates parallel six workitems for Client Data,Local Data,Sales Data,Procurment Data,QM Data and Finance Data.after submision of MDGM CR.

Can it possible to use WS5310044 for this? If yes, where we need to define agents?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you should try to make use of RULE based workflow. As I saw in one your previous threads that you tried doing this and since the way the workflow is defined it would not be possible.

However the reason why I was trying to point out Rule based workflow is you could easily achieve your requirement with out any great efforts.

Can you provide the details about what is the CR type you are looking for . I would be able to provide more info about how to configure.

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan

For MAT01 can it possible to split CR with 6-7 workitems after sumbission without any codeing or use of BADI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can by creating a new custom workflow template. However, you might still have to do some coding. The workflow template itself is a workbench object so a developer key will be needed.

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Why we have to create a new workflow when we have a rule based workflow which is adaptable to almost any complex scenario.

Can you please help me to understand the context.

Regards,

Pavan

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

The process which you are looking can be achieved by creating enhancement implementations. However, there is also a possible configuration that you have to define may  the screen and UIBB's which should be enabled for data entry and disabled based on the role.

Parallel Agent grouping is one more column which can help you to achieve your scenario.

Regards,

Pavan

Message was edited by: Pavan Bhamidipati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan

Do you mean that if I am using 6 parallel agents then workflow splitted in 6 workitems after CR submissionand no coding is required for this? What is base of spliting workitem, is it depends upon entity type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are absolutely correct, the rule-based workflow (my favorite) can be used. You don't have to create a new workflow. However, the question was about modifying the standard workflow, so copying it into a custom workflow is better.

Also, the rule-based workflow parallel processing is very limited (and I frankly don't like that part about it). I personally create custom sub-workflow templates that are called from within the rule-based workflow to do parallel processing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The simple answer is if you want parallel processing you have to write code. It does not matter whether you are using the rule-based or a completely custom workflow template.

There is a very small chance that you won't have to write code. For that you will need a very strong workflow guru to manage that. However, if you do have one, they will most probably want to write code any way and they won't have a problem with it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

Thank You!